Buying silver in small quantities

I have to make some small items from silver, 5 or 10 grams should be enough. Looking at the spot price it's roughly 50p per gram, a quick look on eBay and the average price seems to be about six times this amount for ingots.

Is this just eBay being eBay or are prices like that because it's only a small amount you're buying? Do places like UK Bullion sell small quantities and do they do it any cheaper?

I know it's only a few quid but I'd like to know because I may have to make larger quantities in the future.

I have to make some small items from silver, 5 or 10 grams should be enough. Looking at the spot price it's roughly 50p per gram, a quick look on eBay and the average price seems to be about six times this amount for ingots.

Is this just eBay being eBay or are prices like that because it's only a small amount you're buying? Do places like UK Bullion sell small quantities and do they do it any cheaper?

I know it's only a few quid but I'd like to know because I may have to make larger quantities in the future.

You can buy pre 1919 coins. A badly worn halfcrown will cost around £5 to £7 pounds and weighs about 15 grams.

As they aren't legal tender they can be melted down.