Understanding Corbyn and Smith

I'm fairly sure he'll win as well, but then whats the cost to the party in the end?

Petty in-fighting, rifts within the party, no confidence in the leader.

Labour are lost in the woods thats for sure.

Hopefully the cost will be the end of the Labour party. I hope this will eventually mean the development of a modern multiparty PR system leading to and end of the childish adversarial banter of the commons chamber.

Ahhh I remember that trip from London St Pancras to Sheffield

Extortionate prices on a Sunday return

To sit on the floor!! :mad:

Good on Jeremy for making this point :D

---------- Post added 23-08-2016 at 17:07 ----------

We all know Corbyn will win the leadership election, regardless of the constant smears against him. Owen Smith is a PR chancer and a Blairite patsy, put up as an unwitting sacrifice by the old New Labour faction who are too frit to stand themselves. I voted for Corbyn today and am 100% confident he will win.

Indeed :thumbsup:

Ahhh I remember that trip from London St Pancras to Sheffield

Extortionate prices

To sit on the floor!! :mad:

Good on Jeremy for making this point :D

---------- Post added 23-08-2016 at 17:07 ----------

Indeed :thumbsup:

That's the ironic thing. It would not have been difficult for him to find a train that was actually standing room only. I used to commute from Hertfordshire to London and that was sardine like. I don't agree that nationalisation is the answer, but Corbyn has completely shot himself in the foot for lying.

Personally I would want the leader of the opposition to pay to sit in first class anyway. We pay politicians a good salary, and I want them to spend that on first class tickets on busy trains if it means they can sit and work.

but if you book in advance the cost difference between normal and first class can be negligible.

Indeed. Another reason why this whole thing was stupid. Corbyn knew he was going to Newcastle weeks in advance. Why the hell did he not book?