Once the wars are over.

I will expand a little bit if you are interested. Religious persecution and eventually murders forced my family to leave two different countries. Some members of my family died fighting as members of a local militia against the religious persecutors.

That sounds awful. What two countries did your family members leave?

I did not say because some of us still receive death threats but you might be able to guess. Our story is not an unusual one, we just don't talk about it in public very often. People in Britain are very naive about how it is in most of the world.

Jukes x

I did not say because some of us still receive death threats . . .

So, on the one hand you still receive death threats, but on the other hand it's still safe enough for your relatives to live there.

You've lost me.

So, on the one hand you still receive death threats, but on the other hand it's still safe enough for your relatives to live there.

You've lost me.

You are lost because you don't understand religious persecution. You are lost because the world is not like you imagine it to be. You are lost because you are trying so hard to do the right thing. You are lost because you don't understand that other people don't care for their own life any more than they do anyone else's life. You are lost because you don't see how a belief in eternal life with god makes people do evil things to their neighbours. If you had death threats from people who kill people you would not be so lost.

Jukes x

You are lost because you don't see how a belief in eternal life with god makes people do evil things to their neighbours

Maybe you should move to a nicer area then ?

I have Pakistani Muslim neighbours on one side. They are the loveliest neighbours you could ever wish for: polite, intelligent, courteous, quiet, and they bring me food during Ramadan.

I have a Pakistani Muslim neighbour on the other side too. He's a polite, quiet retired ex-steelworker who pops round every so often for a cup of tea and a chat and his sons and daughters live nearby.

All lovely people and no death threats whatsoever.

BHR; re post #19 yes that was the intention. Iraq probably a lesson in what not to do relative to development of democracy. Seems the push for change has to come internally not externally with blunt force, although Saddam H was a particularly evil tyrant !

I live near the NGH. . . which is technically not Pakistan

You probably have very limited experience of religious persecution, refugees, migrants, death threats and the rule of law in other countries. I expect that you are very well meaning but you are misguided about the world further away from your house.

Jukes x

. . . Saddam H was a particularly evil tyrant !

Indeed he was.

Didn't the West support him when he was stacking Iran? I'm sure we sold him weapons, and bought his oil over the years too.

---------- Post added 25-08-2016 at 20:36 ----------

You are lost because you are trying so hard to do the right thing.

Should I try hard to do the wrong thing instead then ?

On the face of it, it sounds easier and more fun too.