Once the wars are over.

I did not say because some of us still receive death threats but you might be able to guess. Our story is not an unusual one, we just don't talk about it in public very often. People in Britain are very naive about how it is in most of the world.

Jukes x

I'm going to hazard a guess that you didn't return though?

---------- Post added 25-08-2016 at 21:51 ----------

You are lost because you don't understand religious persecution. You are lost because the world is not like you imagine it to be. You are lost because you are trying so hard to do the right thing. You are lost because you don't understand that other people don't care for their own life any more than they do anyone else's life. You are lost because you don't see how a belief in eternal life with god makes people do evil things to their neighbours. If you had death threats from people who kill people you would not be so lost.

Jukes x

Can you help us find the answer though.

Is it safe?

Or are people seriously threatening to kill?

It can't be both can it?

---------- Post added 25-08-2016 at 21:53 ----------

You probably have very limited experience of religious persecution, refugees, migrants, death threats and the rule of law in other countries. I expect that you are very well meaning but you are misguided about the world further away from your house.

Jukes x

So hang on, people leave because of the very real risk of dying if they stay.

They're away for years, because wars don't tend to end in a few weeks.

They make a life for themselves elsewhere, their children go to school, college, university, etc...

And then when someone declares it to be safe, (Despite the ongoing death threats and religious persecution), they just up and go 'home'?

How can somewhere be home a decade after your fled it, when your property was bombed and all your relatives dead or fled? What is "home" about it, that the place that took you in isn't?

You are as lost as the Joker but at least she is listening to what I am saying and I think she is learning as she goes. You have already made up all your opinions so you are just looking for a fight and I won't give one to you because I have had a belly fully of real war and death in my family not just from the pictures on the TV.

Jukes x

You probably have very limited experience of religious persecution, refugees, migrants, death threats and the rule of law in other countries. I expect that you are very well meaning but you are misguided about the world further away from your house.

Jukes x

You couldn't be more wrong.

I had a strict Catholic upbringing and am far more familiar with the Protestant v Catholic violence that affected the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland in the 1980s and 1990s that I would like to be.

Having lived through all of that, my tolerant Pakistani Muslin neighbours are a blessing.

Can you actually answer any of the points I raised?

You've made contradictory statements that don't seem to make sense, and when questioned you just declare people to be "lost" whatever that means.

And she thinks I'm a woman :hihi:

Do I come across as a woman, Cyclone? :huh:

I will admit I do talk nonsense at times so yes, I can see where some confusion may occur.

Edited by The Joker

I have just flipped through the recent posts from Jukes, and he does declare that by asking questions or requesting points to be clarified, a person is deemed to be lost ! Lost really means "Unable to understand," which may or may not be true.

Observers on the Forum need to get most of the facts surrounding a particular issue in order to understand someone's position

Some of us are students of history and are aware of religious persecution and how evil it is. And in my experience, Brits are as informed as any other mainstream group, and its citizens are as tolerant as any other

However, if you feel that telling your story here imperils your security, or someone elses, you are the best judge of that.

And then when someone declares it to be safe, (Despite the ongoing death threats and religious persecution), they just up and go 'home'?

How can somewhere be home a decade after your fled it, when your property was bombed and all your relatives dead or fled? What is "home" about it, that the place that took you in isn't?

Because it's home, 'proper home' I'd guess. Being forced to leave due to whatever reasons would, I imagine, make the urge to return stronger not lesser.

But it's a different world, with a different mentality and different level/kind of patriotism. Brits aren't the same as othe countries In many respects regarding patriotism, the fervour and flag waving, team gb, God save the queen stuff is a pastiche of patriotism in comparison to those who would return to a recent war zone 'prematurely' as to be home again.

I'd say we're positively soft in comparison, and he's right with the lost comment, we've not got a clue.

With the greatest respect northern island isn't a comparable situation, to any middle eastern war.

History would suggest otherwise, after WW2 plenty of displaced people had created a life and started a family, they stayed where they were.

My sister in law's grandfather was Polish for example.

There are many reasons that people wouldn't return to a country destroyed by a decade of civil war. Some of the most obvious being that they've created a new life in a new home, perhaps they have family who might never have seen the country the parents fled, perhaps they have gained qualifications, got a job, have a house and have friends.

It would be a fairly unusual person IMO that would give that up to return to a country they had to flee before they were killed by the government, or by the rebels, or by a religious sect.

Because it's home, 'proper home' I'd guess. Being forced to leave due to whatever reasons would, I imagine, make the urge to return stronger not lesser.

But it's a different world, with a different mentality and different level/kind of patriotism. Brits aren't the same as othe countries In many respects regarding patriotism, the fervour and flag waving, team gb, God save the queen stuff is a pastiche of patriotism in comparison to those who would return to a recent war zone 'prematurely' as to be home again.

I'd say we're positively soft in comparison, and he's right with the lost comment, we've not got a clue.

With the greatest respect northern island isn't a comparable situation, to any middle eastern war.

Thank you for understanding psynuk.

Jukes x