Tips for sleeping during these long warm nights

I've run the fan before to mask the noise of the pug snoring. He can be very loud at times, and I'm a light sleeper.

This is my favourite post of the thread so far :D

I've got a 1 tog duvet, as it's got just enough weight to feel like a cover (which the duvet cover on its own doesn't, to me) but even that's too warm sometimes :|

I think I'm opposite to Chelle-82; bum covered, arms and legs sticking out!

I`ll tell you what would really help me sleep during these warm night`s when I`ve got my windows open : a police force which actually did the job I pay for in my taxes, and prosecuted all these noisy cars and motorbikes with deafeningly loud exhausts.........

You will find that is the job of DoT.

---------- Post added 27-08-2016 at 10:56 ----------

I have these fans in two of my bedrooms. Not cheap but they are silent and very effective.

https://www.lyonlighting.com/72220.html?gclid=CMeM8fSp4c4CFYQy0wodQ-AHlQ

Edited by monkey104

Quite a number of years ago I went through a prolonged period of insomnia. Nothing to do with the weather though.

I'd read that Lavender was good for relaxing, so I picked some lavender plants and put them in a pot pourri thing on the bedside table & it had no effect whatsoever!

However I have found that not watching television, or being on a computer or electronic game a couple of hours before bedtime has helped enormously. I no longer wake with tired eyes, or feeling like I haven't slept in a week.

Go back to good old fashioned cotton sheets, rid yourselves of those 'light' togg summer duvets and throw off those jim-jams.

Northern England is hardly a hot region of the world. When living in very hot places the tip is to wet a few towels and hang them up to dry indoors. The evapouration takes huge amounts of heat out of the air. It's how airconditioning works.