Traingate Smear Falls Apart

Exactly mate! :thumbsup:

If he were so unelectable

Why would they be so concerned?

The point is

He's VERY electable!! :D

Electable to who? You know that winning traditional Labour support is never enough to win a general election right? Labour needs to swing significant Tory support in large numbers to even stand a chance. It is not going to happen with Corbyn.

The point being that your ego rules your brain?

Now thats not very nice is it? It is hardly my fault if your unable to see the point I was trying - and acknowledged I had failed - to get across.

Maybe it was too subtle for you. I must remember to make it really simple and make sure I allow for the fact my audience is thick as mince.

(if you want to start with the clever comments be ready to get them back)

Corbyn first said there were no seats.

The CCTV footage was released.

His PR team said that the CCTV footage didn't show that there "may have been" children and luggage on the seats. No evidence to prove this. Why wasn't the luggage shifted? Unattended children?

Then he claimed it was so he could sit next to his wife.

So why isn't his wife on the floor with him?

Why sit on the floor if there were empty seats?

Why didn't he sit in an empty reserved seat until the occupant arrived at a later station?

exactly, he wanted to make a point, so they lied to make one up, then got found out and proved wrong by cctv, case closed

One thing about this whole episode which has probably not been noticed, is that in Richard Branson`s tweet (or whatever it was), "prebooking your seat was advisable". That really annoyed me. The privatised railway are trying to get everyone to do that for a whole load of reasons, not least that if you prebook a ticket on a particular train that train operating company gets all the income (as opposed to a proportion of it). But there`s a deeper theme here, I think it`s a very retrograde step that it`s becoming expected that travellers prebook their seat, not "just" turn up and go. If we want to get people out of their cars then giving them flexibility in their transport without ripping them off, or implying they might not even et a seat, is vital. Why the hell should train passenger have to lose even more of the flexibility advantage that a car gives them ? One of the main reasons the country is subsidising the railways, even no rail users, is to get car drivers out of their cars !

Edited by Justin Smith

One thing about this whole episode which has probably not been noticed, is that in Richard Branson`s tweet (or whatever it was), "prebooking your seat was advisable". That really annoyed me.

really? lol

i think the advisable bit is purely down to one thing, you book a seat, you get a seat, you dont book a seat....you may not get one, nothing more, nothing less. if you get annoyed by seeing more into it then............

You'd think Corbyn's team, or even Corbyn himself, would have had the forethought of booking a seat in advance, especially considering

a) Apparently the trains are impossibly overcrowded*

b) Corbyn doesn't have a car so should be an experienced train traveller

c) It's ridiculous for a leading MP to not plan his movements in advance

d) It's cheaper

*according to Corbyn

I believe he got on the train at it's starting station, so he could have booked a seat up to two hours before he got on the train. So at 9 AM he could have booked it online if the train left at 11.

The entire adventure reeks of a man cutting his nose off to score a political point, which has backfired terribly. It highlights Corbyn (and his staff's) ineptitude at carrying out the basics of life, such as booking a train journey in advance, getting your tax declaration in on time, managing a political party etc, and makes you wonder how many other videos and accounts he's made that are stage managed rubbish.

Edit: Even the FT thinks Corbyn should know how to use the train. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Mw6Aaq0Yo_YJ:www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f8d56f04-54a9-11e6-befd-2fc0c26b3c60.html+&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk#axzz4INXKtF3V

Edited by the_bloke

One thing about this whole episode which has probably not been noticed, is that in Richard Branson`s tweet (or whatever it was), "prebooking your seat was advisable". That really annoyed me. The privatised railway are trying to get everyone to do that for a whole load of reasons, not least that if you prebook a ticket on a particular train that train operating company gets all the income (as opposed to a proportion of it). But there`s a deeper theme here, I think it`s a very retrograde step that it`s becoming expected that travellers prebook their seat, not "just" turn up and go. If we want to get people out of their cars then giving them flexibility in their transport without ripping them off, or implying they might not even et a seat, is vital. Why the hell should train passenger have to lose even more of the flexibility advantage that a car gives them ? One of the main reasons the country is subsidising the railways, even no rail users, is to get car drivers out of their cars !

Thank goodness you don't run the rail service, whether in private hands or public.