Traingate Smear Falls Apart

Exactly. I think this whole debacle highlighted some of the myriad of reasons Corbyn is totally unfit for senior office.

Firstly, it beggars belief that Corbyn or his team did not book tickets in advance. They knew they were traveling to the hustings more than 2 hours in advance (all that would have be needed to collect the ticket at the station). Booking in advance would have ensured he and his wife got a seat.

Secondly, if Corbyn wanted to make a point about busy trains he could have easily chosen a train that was actually ram packed. Morning trains into London from commuter towns are seriously overcrowded.

Do we really need this silly 'show and tell' style politics anyway. We know that some trains are terribly overcrowded, why did he need to crouch on the floor and pretend he was on one?

He turned down seats in first class I read. To prove he's a man of the people.

What a champ(!)

Exactly. I think this whole debacle highlighted some of the myriad of reasons Corbyn is totally unfit for senior office.

Firstly, it beggars belief that Corbyn or his team did not book tickets in advance. They knew they were traveling to the hustings more than 2 hours in advance (all that would have be needed to collect the ticket at the station). Booking in advance would have ensured he and his wife got a seat.

Secondly, if Corbyn wanted to make a point about busy trains he could have easily chosen a train that was actually ram packed. Morning trains into London from commuter towns are seriously overcrowded.

Do we really need this silly 'show and tell' style politics anyway. We know that some trains are terribly overcrowded, why did he need to crouch on the floor and pretend he was on one?

I suppose the entire point is that 95% of the population can see this stunt for what it is. However it just shows to folk who already knew it that Jezza is a clot and not fit to be a Prime Minister, but to those few who actually believe in him it just reinforces their belief in the poor down trodden messiah who tries in vain to get his message across.

Sadly he come across as a David Icke. Everyone knows he is as mad as a fish except for the half dozen true believers.

:hihi:

Isn't it obvious that he's in a job that he doesn't really want?

He's trying his best to show complete incompetance in the hope that people might realise he's not up to the job and get rid of him...

... but unfortunately for him, at the moment he seems to be more popular due to some unexplained trend for the public to back the odd-ball candidate (I'm thinking Mr Boris and Mr Trump here). :roll:

I wasn't aware this thread was about the Human Rights Act? I thought it was about the so called 'traingate'?

Nothing gets passed you, does it Robin :hihi:

This thread is about Traingate

And Traingate has been used to bury government activity

That will significantly impact civil liberties

If you're happy to trivialise it Robin

And are not concerned

You damn well should be :mad:

Nothing gets passed you, does it Robin :hihi:

This thread is about Traingate

And Traingate has been used to bury government activity

That will significantly impact civil liberties

If you're happy to trivialise it Robin

And are not concerned

You damn well should be :mad:

they haven't got the votes to get such a change through parliament. The government has admitted that. So its extremely unlikely to actually happen, unless we have a new election and enough new MPs who want to do away with the ECHR.

they haven't got the votes to get such a change through parliament. The government has admitted that. So its extremely unlikely to actually happen, unless we have a new election and enough new MPs who want to do away with the ECHR.

Thanks nightrider :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 26-08-2016 at 13:50 ----------

But what do you make of this

http://www.theweek.co.uk/63635/human-rights-act-will-be-scrapped-government-confirms