Traingate Smear Falls Apart

While I don't disagree that the railways are in a right old state I still believe re-nationalisation will be a total disaster.

Agreed. Look at the closed shop that the Tube is. Imagine a nationalised train network with the drivers going on strike demanding a 35% pay rise (which the miners demanded in '72) and someone like Corbyn at the helm cowing to them.

Awful.

Agreed. Look at the closed shop that the Tube is. Imagine a nationalised train network with the drivers going on strike demanding a 35% pay rise (which the miners demanded in '72) and someone like Corbyn at the helm cowing to them.

Awful.

But does a privtised rail system actually give choice? It's not like prices have gone down. I can go to airport and choose to go BA or easyjet. I don't have that sort of choice at a train station do I?

That said, they were knackered years before privtisation and they still are.

But does a privtised rail system actually give choice? It's not like prices have gone down. I can go to airport and choose to go BA or easyjet. I don't have that sort of choice at a train station do I?

That said, they were knackered years before privtisation and they still are.

I don't know to be honest. Surely Virgin aren't the only company that offers a service from London to Newcastle?? Maybe the only direct service...?

Evening All :D

Just wanted to clear something up....

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/08/24/corbyn-delivers-brutal-message-richard-branson-traingate-smear-falls-apart-video/

So everyone talking trash yesterday....

Form an orderly queue to apologise!! :hihi:

Jeremy Corbyn for PM!! :banana:

Love

As Always

Sol

:)

I'm neither for or against Corbyn but if the CCTV is correct, he goes and sits down in an empty seat.. next to another empty seat, after he had his sit down moan.

What exactly are people supposed to be queuing up to argue about and why are you so excited about it?

"In the 5 years that the East Coast Mainline was run by the public sector, it returned almost 1 billion to the tax payer, as well as increasing passenger numbers and improving punctuality. No wonder a government ideologically obsessed with privatisation was so embarrassed by this success, that it bundled it back to the private sector as soon as it could" ~ Caroline Lucas

---------- Post added 25-08-2016 at 13:42 ----------

I'm neither for or against Corbyn but if the CCTV is correct, he goes and sits down in an empty seat.. next to another empty seat, after he had his sit down moan.

What exactly are people supposed to be queuing up to argue about and why are you so excited about it?

Again, here is what actually happened:

http://www.beyondtheheadlines.co.uk/2016/08/23/the-london-to-newcastle-virgin-train-was-ram-packed/

And it's called passion RB

Perhaps you should try it sometime! :hihi:

And I'm passionate about TRUTH :nod:

No-one believes your lies TFH :)

Get back to your whiskey :hihi:

---------- Post added 25-08-2016 at 13:34 ----------

"It's absolutely obvious that Virgin Trains decided to ignore the UK data protection law in order to leak CCTV images to the press because they know that rail renationalisation would mean an end to their lucrative taxpayer bankrolled profit-extraction monopolies, and obeying the law of the land is clearly secondary to protecting their commercial interests"

Tell you what sol, go on a east coast mainline train at 11 on a weekday. Report back.