Optometrist spared jail

OK Bingo

So someone else saw the discs?

So why is SHE getting the blame then?

I knew there was something very strange about this story

it's likely that a minion will have taken the photos.

the defendant should have known they had been taken and should have looked at them and interpreted them correctly

regardless of the photos, the defendant should have examined the back of the victims eyes, there is absolutely no excuse for not doing so

the only thing strange here is you.

robin - if you don't mind - the poster (Sol) wants to know more details. Anything wrong with that ?

If you have ever been involved in a criminal case that was reported in the media - locally and nationally - you will know that it is sometimes a little surprising to discover that the case you read about in the media is not the one you actually have all the evidence in and are actively involved.

Sol doesn't know the totality of the evidence - no do you or I - its a forum and I don't see what the problem is with someone seeking more details.

robin - if you don't mind - the poster (Sol) wants to know more details. Anything wrong with that ?

If you have ever been involved in a criminal case that was reported in the media - locally and nationally - you will know that it is sometimes a little surprising to discover that the case you read about in the media is not the one you actually have all the evidence in and are actively involved.

Sol doesn't know the totality of the evidence - no do you or I - its a forum and I don't see what the problem is with someone seeking more details.

No you're right, there is nothing wrong with asking for more information.

However it would seem that the poster I was referring to has already made up their mind the judgement was unsafe. They have said things such as..

'When did a precedent get set of criminalising our health professionals?? Jesus Christ

and

I wonder if this is down to the parents pushing for someone to blame because that's the kind of ridiculous society we live in

I have already pointed out a number of times the reasons behind the decision of the court, and why it is perfectly correct for someone to be found guilty in these circumstances, however that appears to have fallen of deaf ears.

Perhaps they are beginning to change their mind.

Edited by Robin-H

Sol doesn't know the totality of the evidence - no do you or I - its a forum and I don't see what the problem is with someone seeking more details

Hey fanks man! :D

Interesting, I have just received a letter from Martyn Kemp about making an appointment. Paragraph three states:-

Retinal Camera - We have a camera that can take photo's of the back of your eye (the retina). This give's us a better view than conventional methods. We can see more of the retina in one go and the image is more magnified and so potential problems are less likely to be missed. We ............

"Rose had claimed her examination of Vinnie was tricky because he had closed his eyes to the light and looked away during the test"

KNEW that compliance would have played a part here!

Wonder what they expected her to have done?

Refer a 5 year old

For sedation at hospital

Just to look at his eyes perhaps? :mad:

"Rose had claimed her examination of Vinnie was tricky because he had closed his eyes to the light and looked away during the test"

Refer a 5 year old

For sedation at hospital

Have you read the judgement?

That was a claim that was dismissed by the court.

Refer a 5 year old

For sedation at hospital

They won't sedate a child for an eye examination.