The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

Because I don't care what he thinks. I'm interested in whether Anna knows his position on a major issue of the day.

And doesn't this speak volumes....

Sorry, I didn't know I was in for a test. Will it be pass or fail? Do I get marks out of 10?

If you were genuinely interested in knowing, I would consider it worthy of a proper, probably lengthy answer for what is a complex issue, until then, don't waste my time.

And doesn't this speak volumes....

Sorry, I didn't know I was in for a test. Will it be pass or fail? Do I get marks out of 10?

If you were genuinely interested in knowing, I would consider it worthy of a proper, probably lengthy answer for what is a complex issue, until then, don't waste my time.

I feel this is bit of a cop out of an answer.

Unbeliever has clearly stated that they are interested in whether or not Corbyn is getting his views across to the electorate. As you are an ardent Corbyn supporter, it seems perfectly logical to me for him to ask you whether you know his position on such a major issue.

As I am sure you must know then refusing to answer does both you and Corbyn a disservice, as it really makes it seem like you don't know.

Corbyn is a more ardent Brexiteer than you, and that is going some.

He wants out for different reasons than you do though.

Not really. He's always wanted out because he thinks he can do better with UK laws than the EU does with EU-wide laws. The laws he is concerned about are different, but the principle is exactly the same.

Not really. He's always wanted out because he thinks he can do better with UK laws than the EU does with EU-wide laws. The laws he is concerned about are different, but the principle is exactly the same.

You are handicapped from understanding his motivations because you judge most things by your own impulses and standards.

I think he is a Brexiter because he believes it is a rich mans club to the detriment of the poorer nations. It may be a reaction to elitism.

There's a lot of 'thinks' and 'may's' in there because it would be arrogant for me to proclaim exactly what he thinks.

You are handicapped from understanding his motivations because you judge most things by your own impulses and standards.

I think he is a Brexiter because he believes it is a rich mans club to the detriment of the poorer nations. It may be a reaction to elitism.

There's a lot of 'thinks' and 'may's' in there because it would be arrogant for me to proclaim exactly what he thinks.

If you look at the other thread. Number 2 on my "what would I change after brexit" list is agricultural subsidies and tariffs. So maybe not that far apart after all. Maybe the difference is that I don't have a lust for power to compromise me.