The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

That's how his Party might end. Not with a bang but with four Bank Holidays (and a whimper).

I beg to differ. Mrs May's lead is diminishing (depending on which poll you follow) and I think Mr. Corbyn is gaining ground.

I beg to differ. Mrs May's lead is diminishing (depending on which poll you follow) and I think Mr. Corbyn is gaining ground.

Surely nobody now trusts opinion pols. They've been proven repeatedly to err.

Let's wait until after the only one that matters, 8 June, shall we?

Not another bible basher.Just what we need.:rolleyes:

Well if you read it you'd see what a pleasant, heartfelt message it was and no bible bashing at all.

janie48 has provided a link.

Edited by Anna B

Well if you read it you'd see what a pleasant, heartfelt message it was and no bible bashing at all.

janie48 has provided a link.

I did read it.A load of wishful thinking nonsense.He is on cloud cuckoo land if he thinks we are all going to drop what we are doing and start caring for others.We are human beings who put ourselves first,its called self preservation.I am not a pacifist its not natural, self preservation is.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-preservation

I did read it.A load of wishful thinking nonsense.He is on cloud cuckoo land if he thinks we are all going to drop what we are doing and start caring for others.We are human beings who put ourselves first,its called self preservation.I am not a pacifist its not natural, self preservation is.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-preservation

Oh dear, that's rather cynical of you.

I think we have a much better chance of surviving if we cooperate and help each other, as a community, as a country, and as a species.

It's what I've been brought up to believe makes a person a good person. It's the reason why the Church of England has been accused of supporting Labour, because it's what it preaches as well.

But I guess you've really hit the nail on the head. It's the fundamental difference between the Labour and the Tory party.

Oh dear, that s a really sad reflection of you..

why not care for each other? we used to, i recall when at one time neighbors used to look after each other, if anyone needed help, then you would not hesitate to help them. but some people these days, probably like yourself, they would rather cross the road than help someone, or perhaps pull out a mobile phone and record their distress...if thats the sort of world you want, then you go ahead, i do not want that type of world, i must be in cloud cuckoo land with Corbyn.

Surely nobody now trusts opinion pols. They've been proven repeatedly to err.

Let's wait until after the only one that matters, 8 June, shall we?

I was saying over the weekend that based on the recent polls accuracy we can expect a Labour majority.

---------- Post added 02-05-2017 at 09:36 ----------

Oh dear, that s a really sad reflection of you..

why not care for each other? we used to, i recall when at one time neighbors used to look after each other, if anyone needed help, then you would not hesitate to help them. but some people these days, probably like yourself, they would rather cross the road than help someone, or perhaps pull out a mobile phone and record their distress...if thats the sort of world you want, then you go ahead, i do not want that type of world, i must be in cloud cuckoo land with Corbyn.

Totally with you and Anna on this one. Just because we may have been programmed to be self-preservationists (and actually extreme doubt has been cast on that and many studies now show humans are fundamentally altruistic for survival reasons and not selfish but let's not get into an argument over that!) does not mean we have to follow our instinct. Technically we should all still be hunter gatherers and live in caves but we've made a conscious decision to better ourselves and create a world where we can be different to our instincts. Perhaps caring for others is also a part of this new world I'd like to live in.