The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

Why is it not being reported in the media? Who is telling them not to report it?

Hang on I have an idea.

Banjo: I challenge you to find a single national newspaper or news program which has not reported on the matter of Labour's NEC and their deliberations over who can vote in the leadership election and/or the court cases which followed.

Hang on I have an idea.

Banjo: I challenge you to find a single national newspaper or news program which has not reported on the matter of Labour's NEC and their deliberations over who can vote in the leadership election and/or the court cases which followed.

and i challenge you to read my posts more accurately....

i said.......sadly there is little reported about it in the media

and i challenge you to read my posts more accurately....

i said.......sadly there is little reported about it in the media

Why should it garner more media attention than it has already got?

As has been mentioned, it has been in practically every national newspaper as well as on the news. It isn't some hidden conspiracy. There are more important things happening in the world to take the headlines.

as i said, you tell me, but what has been happening is a disgrace, it wouldnt sem out of place in North Korea

I can't tell you because I don't believe it. You tell me who you think is telling the media not to report it, why and how.

So we have to guess.

I am also aware, as it has been widely reported in the press, that some people have been excluded from voting for their associations with other parties and political groups. If that's what you're referring to, then it's hardly a secret.

It's slightly reminiscent of the McCarthy hearings in the US. Although reminding me of something doesn't make it comparable. I suspect you may need to read up on North Korea as you're dramatically underestimating them.

Edited by unbeliever

So we have to guess.

I am also aware, as it has been widely reported in the press, that some people have been excluded from voting for their associations with other parties and political groups. If that's what you're referring to, then it's hardly a secret.

guess if you want to, thats up to you.... i never said it was a secret, what i said was that there was very little reported about it...

but what has been reported about it, and what hasnt been reported about it, is only a side issue, the main issue is that there is a serious purge taking place in the party, and people thinking Corbyn is going to win is not guaranteed, that is my point...

guess if you want to, thats up to you.... i never said it was a secret, what i said was that there was very little reported about it...

but what has been reported about it, and what hasnt been reported about it, is only a side issue, the main issue is that there is a serious purge taking place in the party, and people thinking Corbyn is going to win is not guaranteed, that is my point...

I'm not sure anyone is saying it is guaranteed. It is however very likely.

Why is it only a side issue? If party members are being purged 'like something in North Korea' it would be in the news raising many eyebrows. So who is stopping the press reporting it, why and how?

To stop the press reporting something you can get a DA Notice. This doesn't actually have to be obeyed but they generally are. However DA Notices are used for National Security matters. So that's out.

So you could get an injunction to block the purge being reported. But this is pointless because the press can refer to the injunction and anyone with a brain could work it out.

So you could get a super injunction. This means that the press cannot even hint let alone admit that such an injunction exists. However, using Parliamentary Privilage, any MP could raise the matter in the House and the press would then be free to discuss it. This hasn't happened. (It's sort of what happened to Ryan Giggs, though he didn't actually have a super injunction because everyone was aware the injunction existed.)

Therefore, one can only conclude, it's not covered more widely in the press because the conspiracy is a figment of your imagination....

Edited by Santo