The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

Oh come on Anna. If Osborne had done that you would have gone to town on him and been carping on about it for weeks.

No, I don't think I would.

I might take issue with his intentions, disagree with his figures, and overall message, but not the fact that he made an obvious mistake.

She got the figures wrong in a live interview, and had a bit of a brain freeze.

She's not the first politician to do that, and she won't be the last.

Let's not get it all out of proportion.

The whole interview was an absolute car crash of epic proportions if she can't get her facts right 5 weeks before a general election what message does that send out, shes a total liabilty and shes put another nail in Labours coffin, the Tory party must love her.

Guest sibon
The whole interview was an absolute car crash of epic proportions if she can't get her facts right 5 weeks before a general election what message does that send out, shes a total liabilty and shes put another nail in Labours coffin, the Tory party must love her.

She's not the only one doing car crash stuff.

Mrs Strong and Stable can't explain why some nurses are using food banks, she also can't remember where she is some of the time, BoJo is apparently in hiding after his mugwump nonsense, Davis is the invisible man. Nuttall is simply a liar.

The whole of the political class seem clueless. I never thought that I'd be misty eyed for Thatcher and Kinnock, but they both have ten times the substance of the current crop.

Oh come on Anna. If Osborne had done that you would have gone to town on him and been carping on about it for weeks.

What Osbourne has done is he's said that you cannot run an election campaign on just one slogan, and that if you ask for a blank cheque, you should expect it to bounce...

She's not the only one doing car crash stuff.

Mrs Strong and Stable can't explain why some nurses are using food banks, she also can't remember where she is some of the time, BoJo is apparently in hiding after his mugwump nonsense, Davis is the invisible man. Nuttall is simply a liar.

The whole of the political class seem clueless. I never thought that I'd be misty eyed for Thatcher and Kinnock, but they both have ten times the substance of the current crop.

This is very true. We haven't plumbed he same depths as the Americans have, but we've not improved a whole lot since the referendum.

If its that bad, why not get yourself into politics?

We all think we can do better, but is it just moaning because of the non-facts that we read?

She got the figures wrong in a live interview, and had a bit of a brain freeze.

She's not the first politician to do that, and she won't be the last.

Let's not get it all out of proportion.

But how about her other blunders. She condemned a Tory MP for stating he would send his kids to a private school and then 2 days later decided to send her son to a £10,000-a-year City of London Boys School!

http://news.sky.com/story/diane-abbotts-history-of-gaffes-10482258

But how about her other blunders. She condemned a Tory MP for stating he would send his kids to a private school and then 2 days later decided to send her son to a £10,000-a-year City of London Boys School!

http://news.sky.com/story/diane-abbotts-history-of-gaffes-10482258

How about talking about getting more police officers out there, at a fraction of the cost over 4 years what Osborne wrote off for Vodafone in a second with the scribble of a pen.

She made a hash of it but honestly there is nothing wrong with the policy.

How about talking about getting more police officers out there, at a fraction of the cost over 4 years what Osborne wrote off for Vodafone in a second with the scribble of a pen.

She made a hash of it but honestly there is nothing wrong with the policy.

The National Audit Office (an independent body), after a review, concluded that the tax settlement with Vodaphone was reasonable.

The cost of the taking action against Vodaphone to demand a higher bill could have been extensive and prohibitive, and if Vodaphone won the legal action they wouldn't have had to pay anything, as they were arguing they didn't owe the UK anything.

http://www.nao.org.uk/report/settling-large-tax-disputes/