The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

If its that bad, why not get yourself into politics?

Mainly because it is a profession based on ego and charisma, and I am lacking in both.

That said, I was thinking of starting a thread about forming a new party: test the water and see what interest there is...

---------- Post added 03-05-2017 at 10:56 ----------

She got the figures wrong in a live interview, and had a bit of a brain freeze.

She's not the first politician to do that, and she won't be the last.

Let's not get it all out of proportion.

No, lets get it in proportion.

These are people wanting to manage the country's finances.

They don't have a good track record when it comes to that and need to work extra hard to regain our trust.

There is a slight difference between managing the figures on the hoof in a live interview, and doing it at the office with a team of expert advisers.

I do agree that she doesn't inspire confidence though. Nor does Corbyn's response to it. :(

She is a political chancer who attacked Tony Blair for sending his kids to private school only to do the exact same thing once she had the money to do so. She is no better than Prescott for denouncing the house of lords only to accept a peerage when one was offered. They are both turncoat chancers who do not deserve the support they get.

And she's utterly incompetent to boot. Who the hell turns up to a meeting to discuss a specific thing and then not to have the basic figures? If I did that at work I'd be in big trouble, yet she's somehow allowed to do it because of 'brain freeze'? Rubbish. If you are feeling under pressure, many people would be being grilled live and can't trust your memory then take notes for heaven's sake. It's hardly rocket science is it?

And she's utterly incompetent to boot. Who the hell turns up to a meeting to discuss a specific thing and then not to have the basic figures? If I did that at work I'd be in big trouble, yet she's somehow allowed to do it because of 'brain freeze'? Rubbish. If you are feeling under pressure, many people would be being grilled live and can't trust your memory then take notes for heaven's sake. It's hardly rocket science is it?

Its surely a basic requirement of a senior party figure to have the correct info when being addressed live on air at such an important time, not too much to ask really. Labour haven't a chance.

Its surely a basic requirement of a senior party figure to have the correct info when being addressed live on air at such an important time, not too much to ask really. Labour haven't a chance.

I've said before on here, I totally align with Corbyn's views and ideas in the main, but I just cannot make myself vote Labour this time around as they are just looking like an utter shower of incompetents. To not be able to vote for the party you most closely align with because they are incompetent is upsetting :(

I've said before on here, I totally align with Corbyn's views and ideas in the main, but I just cannot make myself vote Labour this time around as they are just looking like an utter shower of incompetents. To not be able to vote for the party you most closely align with because they are incompetent is upsetting :(

Thats exactly my view, I have no one to vote for and I don't buy the old don't vote, don't have an opinion attitude - my vote needs to be earned and none of the current selection are doing anything to gain it.

The fringe parties don't have a chance with how the voting system is set up.

Thats exactly my view, I have no one to vote for and I don't buy the old don't vote, don't have an opinion attitude - my vote needs to be earned and none of the current selection are doing anything to gain it.

The fringe parties don't have a chance with how the voting system is set up.

But if enough fringe parties get enough votes, governments will listen eventually. Look at what UKIP have achieved with one turncoat MP and farage - theyve borked the country up!

But if enough fringe parties get enough votes, governments will listen eventually. Look at what UKIP have achieved with one turncoat MP and farage - theyve borked the country up!

UKIP made a lot of noise but never looked like getting anywhere near elected.

Also any parties that do start to emerge get absolutely destroyed by the press until the public turn against them.

Also any parties that do start to emerge get absolutely destroyed by the press until the public turn against them.

UKIP are alot of nutters. But they made enough noise to get those in power to push through UKIPs main policy.

UKIP are alot of nutters. But they made enough noise to get those in power to push through UKIPs main policy.

Did they? A referendum on Europe has long been mooted, Cameron just expected a different result.

Which makes you wonder if we do in fact live in a democracy or not..