The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

He knew the Lib Dems wanted PR, and may well have got it, so in a bit of typical Cameron slight of hand he offered AV instead, which he knew most people didn't understand and wouldn't vote for.

There was a shift in the Labour policy a while back in 1997 when Labour promised a PR referendum and when they won the election suddenly dropped the idea. There was a bit of a resurgence again in the Labour camp last year but I'm not sure how they stand at this time so maybe that's back on the agenda.

There was a shift in the Labour policy a while back in 1997 when Labour promised a PR referendum and when they won the election suddenly dropped the idea. There was a bit of a resurgence again in the Labour camp last year but I'm not sure how they stand at this time so maybe that's back on the agenda.

Well, you never know. I wouldn't be surprised if Corbyn was in favour of the idea, but can you imagine trying to get it past a hostile Labour party, never mind the Conservatives and the establishment.

The idea would be poisoned in the media by the Establishment from day one and the public would be made to believe it was a terrible idea.

Well, you never know. I wouldn't be surprised if Corbyn was in favour of the idea, but can you imagine trying to get it past a hostile Labour party...

Why should Labour be hostile to it, apart from that they have entirely lost the plot?

It is understandable that they were against it after their landslide win, but foolish to not institute it after their lead started slipping.

I think I'm warming to Corbyn now IV heard some of his ideas May just talks and talks same old same old fell asleep watching one of her rather dry speeches.

I think Farron, Corbyn and Lucas will do better than expected.

May has to change tack or she's going to put people off.

The idea would be poisoned in the media by the Establishment from day one and the public would be made to believe it was a terrible idea.

The usual utter contempt for ordinary people/the working class who the left believe are too stupid/incapable of making up their own minds about anything - in this instance, that PR is a spectacularly bad idea hardly anybody in Britain wants.