The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

Why is it only a side issue? If party members are being purged 'like something in North Korea' it would be in the news raising many eyebrows. So who is stopping the press reporting it, why and how?

To stop the press reporting something you can get a DA Notice. This doesn't actually have to be obeyed but they generally are. However DA Notices are used for National Security matters. So that's out.

So you could get an injunction to block the purge being reported. But this is pointless because the press can refer to the injunction and anyone with a brain could work it out.

So you could get a super injunction. This means that the press cannot even hint let alone admit that such an injunction exists. However, using Parliamentary Privilage, any MP could raise the matter in the House and the press would then be free to discuss it. This hasn't happened. (It's sort of what happened to Ryan Giggs, though he didn't actually have a super injunction because everyone was aware the injunction existed.)

Therefore, one can only conclude, it's not covered more widely in the press because the conspiracy is a figment of your imagination....

That must be the third time you have asked me that, and as i said on the previous occasions, i dont know, i dont think anyone is actually stopping it being reported, more likely that it suits the establishment not to make a song and dance about it....

the conspiracy is not a figment of my imagination because i have seen that any cases where people are banned from voting because of trivial matters, like one person who tweeted.....i <removed> love the foo fighters....she was banned from voting because they say, she used abusive language....so they are trawling peoples accounts to find what people have written

Edited by nikki-red
language

That must be the third time you have asked me that, and as i said on the previous occasions, i dont know, i dont think anyone is actually stopping it being reported, more likely that it suits the establishment not to make a song and dance about it....

the conspiracy is not a figment of my imagination because i have seen that any cases where people are banned from voting because of trivial matters, like one person who tweeted.....i <removed> love the foo fighters....she was banned from voting because they say, she used abusive language....so they are trawling peoples accounts to find what people have written

So you keep saying. It was also reported in The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Huffington Post, The Daily Mail, The Independent... and that's only the newspapers that I've read it in.

Edited by nikki-red
language

So you keep saying. It was also reported in The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Huffington Post, The Daily Mail, The Independent... and that's only the newspapers that I've read it in.

yada yada yada......as i said before, the reporting of it is only a side issue....the issue itself is the story

Oh yeah, the Foo girl. I read about that in the press.

I'm surprised the media aren't making a song and dance against about the purge....I wonder who is stopping them, why and how....?

---------- Post added 31-08-2016 at 20:12 ----------

yada yada yada......as i said before, the reporting of it is only a side issue....the issue itself is the story

Such a purge is majorly newsworthy! I wonder why the press aren't making a song and dance about it. Who could stop them, why and how??

Figment....of.....your........imagination.

Edited by nikki-red
language

Oh yeah, the Foo girl. I read about that in the press.

I'm surprised the media aren't making a song and dance against about the purge....I wonder who is stopping them, why and how....?

---------- Post added 31-08-2016 at 20:12 ----------

Such a purge is majorly newsworthy! I wonder why the press aren't making a song and dance about it. Who could stop them, why and how??

Figment....of.....your........imagination.

and hers as well i suppose then

This North Korean like purge is newsworthy! But it's getting little coverage!

Who is powerful enough to stop it, why and how?

I believe this 'purge' was deemed necessary the first time round because of the fact that it was so cheap to sign up and vote for Corbyn, that many people of other political persuasions signed up to vote for him knowing what a disaster he would be and how much damage it would cause to the Labour Party.

It was therefore deemed necessary to vet the people who recently signed up in order to check if they were actually trying to sabotage the party.

I believe this 'purge' was deemed necessary the first time round because of the fact that it was so cheap to sign up and vote for Corbyn, that many people of other political persuasions signed up to vote for him knowing what a disaster he would be and how much damage it would cause to the Labour Party.

It was therefore deemed necessary to vet the people who recently signed up in order to check if they were actually trying to sabotage the party.

The labour party are blocking people who have supported other parties in the past, which is all well and good, but then they accuse Corbyn of being too left not attracting voters from other parties, :huh: