The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

He's done a great deal more, but I'm not going to write it all down. Look for yourself. He has worked tirelessly in any number of positions. He has never been parachuted in anywhere because his face fit or he had croneys in power unlike some I could mention. And he's not a 'yes' man.

I was asked about his experience as negotiator, and as I said, he has been doing it in some capacity nearly all his adult life

---------- Post added 07-05-2017 at 18:28 ----------

Yes. Look him up yourself to see just what, and how much, he's been involved in projects behind the scenes.

Incidently, how many MPs can you actually say have had 'tangible results.'

I actually like Corbyn. Any politician who has an allotment can't be all bad. He is a decent man. However, his leadership qualities can be questioned (and indeed have been by several former shadow cabinet members). also, he has little experience of actually running things himself. Being chairman of a committee is not quite the same thing as running a department or government.

]He's been asking for things all life, it's very different to achieving anything. And if I was him I'd move heaven and earth to remove anything to with British leyland off my cv or wiki page.

Where have negotiations gone, what's the outcome? Joanna Lumleys got a better record!

How should I know, I'm not the Oracle. You asked a question, I answered it.

If you want to know each and every result look it up yourself, -there's loads of them - and then when you've got some proof you can say if Joanna Lumley has a better record or not.

However, his leadership qualities can be questioned (and indeed have been by several former shadow cabinet members).

I think that many people have forgotten what leadership is actually about, especially the Labour Party who got used to being ruled by the iron rod of Blair.

True leadership is about choosing the direction and plotting a course towards it.

also, he has little experience of actually running things himself. Being chairman of a committee is not quite the same thing as running a department or government.

It ought not be so very dissimilar: both are about finding the relevant information from the relevant people.

most of his policies resonate with the working classes, they are just too stupid to realise

Sorry, but as soon as people start declaring large chunks of the electorate too stupid to vote I lose interest in their vision of democracy. You are suggesting that his policies resonate with the working class yet they don't have the intelligence to see that, when you do on their behalf? Who knows more about what is good for the working class, the millions that seem to be rejecting Corbyn or you?

Sorry, but as soon as people start declaring large chunks of the electorate too stupid to vote I lose interest in their vision of democracy. You are suggesting that his policies resonate with the working class yet they don't have the intelligence to see that, when you do on their behalf? Who knows more about what is good for the working class, the millions that seem to be rejecting Corbyn or you?

Bingo...you are not daft are you :)

It's not that they are too stupid, more that they are badly informed.

That is their fault in part, but it is also the fault of politicians and the media.

The lies are now totally blatant, now we have all this fake news, alternative news rubbish thrown in.

But people believe it. In large part because they want to. They want to believe in the bogeyman, and the media has done a real job on Corbyn in that respect. They have given people their bogeyman.

It's not that they are too stupid, more that they are badly informed.

That is their fault in part, but it is also the fault of politicians and the media.

The lies are now totally blatant, now we have all this fake news, alternative news rubbish thrown in.

But people believe it. In large part because they want to. They want to believe in the bogeyman, and the media has done a real job on Corbyn in that respect. They have given people their bogeyman.

Thankyou, you explained it more eloquently than i could have ever done :thumbsup:

How should I know, I'm not the Oracle. You asked a question, I answered it.

If you want to know each and every result look it up yourself, -there's loads of them - and then when you've got some proof you can say if Joanna Lumley has a better record or not.

I'll do some digging but if you don't know but are prepared to say he's a successful negotiator I'm sure his list of victories will be many.

Bingo...you are not daft are you :)

No I'm not, which is why I'm still waiting for you to answer the question I actually asked you.

Who knows what is better for the working class rejecting Corbyn in the millions, them or you?