The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

Spot on. Im not sure how he would give business a fair crack as he has practically zero experience of it.

It's the same for all ministers. Liz Truss isn't a lawyer. Jeremy Hunt isn't a medical professional. etc....Etc....

And look at how good any of those are at their jobs...

But they are (in commercial parlance) non-executive posts. The executive posts, the ones that involve the 'doing' rather than the 'deciding what needs to be done', aren't Ministerial but Civil Service.

But they are (in commercial parlance) non-executive posts. The executive posts, the ones that involve the 'doing' rather than the 'deciding what needs to be done', aren't Ministerial but Civil Service.

I'm not clear what point you are trying to make: none of them have the nous to make the right decisions.

I think it's become much more difficult now to find the truth in amongst all the lies and spin. I do think that social media has had a massive hand in helping the spin doctors mainly because most of us will trust a friend more than a stranger, so if a friend of ours is posting articles or opinion pieces on FB then we will likely give it more credence than a guy handing out leaflets in the street. It's a known psychological effect and it's used to further manipulate with FB being a very easy target. Works both ways too, I bet if we compared our FB feeds (assuming you are on it of course!) it'd be hilarious, mine is full of left-wing liberal do-gooders so my echo chamber is distinctly pro-Corbyn and Labour and the Green party, whereas based on some comments on here, I suspect your is more right-wing and Tory than mine, yet both of are almost certainly being mislead, just in 180 degrees different directions.

Correct social media is the best tool ever invented to promote spin or fake news never been so easy.

---------- Post added 08-05-2017 at 18:23 ----------

I won't disagree with that. I wouldn't let Jeremy hunt run a toy shop.

Yeah May can do no wrong can she? Wait till she in the ' hot ' chair at Brussels let's see then how good she really is.

Edited by crookedspire

They obey the orders given to them by ministers. I've been right on the inside of these processes and seen it. Effectively we have talented amateurs telling slightly more talented amateurs what to do.

If it was any other way in the U.K. then the 'kippers wouldn't be able to bang on about technocrats in the E.U.