The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

You'd have thought that the plan for free parking at hospitals would have gone down well, but its been really criticised. Is that because its a nice little cash cow for hospitals?

It (probably) won't work because lots of hospital workers still have to park off site, so if the parking is free it'll just get clogged with employee's instead of patients.

Also many city centre hospitals will have their parking filled up with shoppers looking for somewhere free to stay for a couple of hours.

It (probably) won't work because lots of hospital workers still have to park off site, so if the parking is free it'll just get clogged with employee's instead of patients.

Also many city centre hospitals will have their parking filled up with shoppers looking for somewhere free to stay for a couple of hours.

Since most hospitals already have a parking control system in operation, it is easy enough to prevent that kind of thing: you just need a ticket that you get validated on the ward.

And also, many hospitals do use it to generate income to run the hospital. Unless the funding gap is filled from other sources the hospitals stand to lose money. However, in my opinion using car parking as a way to generate revenue is a poor one, so I do support the policy but as geared says it needs some careful planning to ensure hospitals do not become free for all car parks.

This is a free hospital car park in Scotland:

Nurses sleeping in cars to get parking bay at Glasgow's Queen Elizabeth University Hospital

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14719779.Parking_row_forcing_nurses_to_sleep_in_cars_at_new_Glasgow_hospital/

Good article here too from the left leaning Canary:

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/05/09/think-free-hospital-parking-good-idea-guy-thinks-kill-gran-opinion/

and an article about how hospitals cash in on charges and fines? Would you risk a fine if it meant parking so you could be near a dying relative? I know I would.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/dec/28/hospitals-in-england-net-more-money-than-ever-from-car-park-charges

Edited by alchresearch

Mrs May only seems to do interviews among supporters and sycophants so she doesn't get any awkward questions.

Yes, see Michael Cricks comments today.

All choreographed and stage managed. That's what dictators do.