The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

The SNP could do worse than look to extend their remit into England and Wales. There's a void to be filled.

There is no void, there are nationalistic UKIP and many other parties in the centre and on the left.

You seem to be vehemently anti-Labour, but that is no surprise.

There is no void, there are nationalistic UKIP and many other parties in the centre and on the left.

You seem to be vehemently anti-Labour, but that is no surprise.

It's not English nationalism, so it's okay. According to the code of political correctness that is.

I don't want Labour in government. I didn't really want them to self-destruct. But I don't want Corby or Owen Smith as leader of the opposition. Do you?

---------- Post added 31-08-2016 at 21:38 ----------

The labour party are blocking people who have supported other parties in the past, which is all well and good, but then they accuse Corbyn of being too left not attracting voters from other parties, :huh:

He's supposed to attract moderates who sometimes vote for other parties. Not activists from other parties who want to change Labour into a radical fringe group.

It's not English nationalism, so it's okay. According to the code of political correctness that is.

I don't want Labour in government. I didn't really want them to self-destruct. But I don't want Corby or Owen Smith as leader of the opposition. Do you?

---------- Post added 31-08-2016 at 21:38 ----------

He's supposed to attract moderates who sometimes vote for other parties. Not activists from other parties who want to change Labour into a radical fringe group.

Nonsense, who is to say who is a moderate and who is an activist.?...if someone votes for the Greens and decides they like the sound of Corbyn, and want to switch allegiance, they should be welcomed aboard, the Blairites keep moaning that he needs to attract voters from other parties, and when they come they bar them, you couldnt make it up..

also. Labour party members who have been in the party for decades are getting purged, for minor things like using the word Blairite

Nonsense, who is to say who is a moderate and who is an activist.?...if someone votes for the Greens and decides they like the sound of Corbyn, and want to switch allegiance, they should be welcomed aboard, the Blairites keep moaning that he needs to attract voters from other parties, and when they come they bar them, you couldnt make it up..

also. Labour party members who have been in the party for decades are getting purged, for minor things like using the word Blairite

An activist is a party or organisation member. It's the sort of person who helps with campaigning, knocks on doors, licks envelopes, maybe goes to conferences. That sort of thing.

Do you have any hard data on this "purge" or is it a few anecdotes?

An activist is a party or organisation member. It's the sort of person who helps with campaigning, knocks on doors, licks envelopes, maybe goes to conferences. That sort of thing.

Do you have any hard data on this "purge" or is it a few anecdotes?

I am on quite a few FB pages, and there are many many people reporting that they have been barred for trivial posts, ie calling someone a Tory lite etc...

and none of them appear to be activists,,,just normal joe bloggs off the street

I am on quite a few FB pages, and there are many many people reporting that they have been barred for trivial posts, ie calling someone a Tory lite etc...

And there is no way to know which way they plan to vote? Corbyn or Smith?

I love the Foo Fighters. I've seen them twice. I have a Shifty Tele. You wouldn't know my political leanings from my FB! I'm a Foo Fighters fan and I wouldn't vote for either.

So a few anecdotes then.

This is presumably, at least in part, the party attempting to discipline members who behave in a manner not becoming the party. The worst of which will for the "extremely nasty Corbyn supporters" I expressed concern about in the OP.

I'm all in favour in principle. Long overdue. Assuming it's done sensibly. Abusive behaviour in pursuit of a political goal is emphatically not to be tolerated for all the reasons I expressed on the OP.

I would not be terribly surprised if there were a natural bias against Corbyn supporters from this process. He does seem to attract that kind of personality for some reason. It most likely arises from characterising your political opponents as somehow evil rather than accepting them as decent folk with a different point of view.

I doubt it will be enough to alter the contest results, I wouldn't worry.

In the interests of justice, there will surely be an appeals process for those who think they have been harshly judged?

I'm not voting in this because I just don't understand what is going on with Labour, and haven't for months.

I don't know or understand what Momentum is.

I don't understand what is making Corbyn tick.

I'm puzzled by Smith. His left-wing credentials don't stack up for me. I can't square his employment history and things he has said about the NHS with his description of himself as left wing.

I'm not voting in this because I just don't understand what is going on with Labour, and haven't for months.

I don't know or understand what Momentum is.

I don't understand what is making Corbyn tick.

I'm puzzled by Smith. His left-wing credentials don't stack up for me. I can't square his employment history and things he has said about the NHS with his description of himself as left wing.

I think that there are a great many members in your position.

Whether he admits it or not he's an absolute Blairite to his core.