The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

Seriously?

Yes he was at the shirecliffe community centre, I got home from work at 6-30 and my road I live on was chocka block full of cars.

The news tonight showed him in the car park and its on the star website= http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/corbyn-promises-orgreave-inquiry-on-day-one-as-pm-during-visit-to-sheffield-1-8537050

At least he is willing to meet people face to face unlike the carefully stage public appearance of May. Has I have said before IV meet him at one of his rallies if you do get the chance too meet him do so don't buy into the hate.

Oh I wish I'd known he was in Sheffield. I'd have gone to see him.

I've seen him before and spoken to him and been very impressed. He's nothing like the picture that's been painted in the press. He's very natural, quite funny, and genuinely seems to love meeting people. He also enjoys a conversation with people who don't agree with him. He turns them round with sound arguments and reason, and he listens and shows them great respect if he doesn't.

The man's a legend.

I don't support Labour. I'm suggesting that people read the manifesto first before launching into displays of faux incredulity.

Why would anybody read the (draft) manifesto when they can read the Mirror's totally unbiased interpretation of it?

Of course it isn't finished. The next lines of the manefesto are "just kidding guys, there will be, teeny tiny tax rises, shout at bankers and PFIs all round".

I think PFI were a New Labour thing that I sincerely hope that New New Labour will be kicking into touch.

I think PFI were a New Labour thing that I sincerely hope that New New Labour will be kicking into touch.
A first under the Conservatives led by John Major in 1992.

Labour's Harriet Harman criticised it as privatisation by the backdoor in 1993, likewise Alastair Darling.

And yet, used sparingly by the Cons, then ballooned under Labour from 1997.

Short memories are a real problem in this country (a general observation, not meant at you Hairyloon).

Edited by L00b

A first under the Conservatives led by John Major in 1992.

Labour's Harriet Harman criticised it as privatisation by the backdoor in 1993.

Short memories are a real problem in this country (a general observation, not meant at you Hairyloon).

Labour really went for them though...

Mr Corbyn says..

"“Labour has a duty to remove the PFI burden from the NHS – this really was our mess, and we have to clear it up,”"

Here

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/26/labour-has-duty-to-resolve-mess-of-hospital-pfi-deals-says-jeremy-corbyn