The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

Oh dear, it's always a sad sign when people make it Personel

Dear oh dear.....'poor me' syndrome and ignoring the whole post because you can't answer it without looking moronic....

Out of interest have you been purged Deano?

Edited by Santo

Oh dear, it's always a sad sign when people make it Personel

Yep, it only makes them stronger. Erm....

These trivial personal attacks on Ed Miliband are only making him stronger

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband/11527783/These-trivial-personal-attacks-on-Ed-Miliband-are-only-making-him-stronger.html

Yep, it only makes them stronger. Erm....

These trivial personal attacks on Ed Miliband are only making him stronger

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband/11527783/These-trivial-personal-attacks-on-Ed-Miliband-are-only-making-him-stronger.html

The problem is that the labour party membership seem more concerned about the individuals vying for the leadership than the good of the party. I see a split and permanent damage whichever way things go. Contrast with the conservative change of leadership which seemed seemless and non devisive.

Absolutely. The party is damned whichever direction the leadership vote goes.

And while it continues there is no credible opposition to keep the Tories in check.

I thought the Corbyn vote would be good for a chuckle at the time, stick it to the Cooper and Burnham New Labour mob. I never realised it would backfire on the party so badly.

Absolutely. The party is damned whichever direction the leadership vote goes.

And while it continues there is no credible opposition to keep the Tories in check.

I thought the Corbyn vote would be good for a chuckle at the time, stick it to the Cooper and Burnham New Labour mob. I never realised it would backfire on the party so badly.

This is the real problem. Normally I would like to see Labour struggling, but not to this extent. Our system depends on an effective opposition.

In a presidential system, such as the French, power is split between the executive and the parliament. In our system the head of parliament controls both parliament and acts as executive. We need somebody to stand up and claim that they're destroying the country, even if it's nonsense.

This is the real problem. Normally I would like to see Labour struggling, but not to this extent. Our system depends on an effective opposition.

In a presidential system, such as the French, power is split between the executive and the parliament. In our system the head of parliament controls both parliament and acts as executive. We need somebody to stand up and claim that they're destroying the country, even if it's nonsense.

When jezza became labour leader he promised a non confrontational style. No one expected that to mean that he would just role over and die.

When jezza became labour leader he promised a non confrontational style. No one expected that to mean that he would just role over and die.

Okay. Does this seem non-confrontational to you? Do you think it seemed that way to Angela Eagle?

That's the point isn't it? He is just confronting those in his own party whilst no one takes on the government.

Quite so. After the recess, the Speaker should perhaps reconsider the SNP's request to take over the role of her Majesty's most loyal opposition.

Quite so. After the recess, the Speaker should perhaps reconsider the SNP's request to take over the role of her Majesty's most loyal opposition.

Huh? Has that been formally proposed??

When does the recess end? Before or after the leadership vote?