The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

How are the Tories going to pay for all their pledges?

Exactly,that is why i said there is nobody to vote for.Everytime i question the Labour party in sheffield i always get the same retort,but what about the tories,everythings their fault.I hate the tories as much as i hate the labour party but the same retort of blame the tories for everything in the last 100 years is wearing a bit thin.Just because the tories sums dont add up doesnt mean labours dont have to add up either.I ask lots of in depth questions about things and i have frustrated many a boss by asking questions they dont have an answer for, it is how i am.I want some indepth information on how Mr Corbyn intends to achieve economic recovery and with an overall business plan and costings.I may consider voting then.

That's an interesting almost philosophical point actually. Is the country voting to be rodded by the tories because it feels it's the only way, and corbyns way is a physical impossibility or we somehow deserve the pain that's will be dished out?

Similar options to what the french voters had,isnt poltics brilliant.

Why arent, or rather why dont, politicians turn up with notes or an ipad to access the relevant data rather than be expected to memorise everything? corbyn, and no doubt May as well, will get caught out like corbyn did.

While I agree you can't expect them to have everything memorised, you would have thought that knowing full well he was most likely going to get asked for a figure that JC would have been a little better prepared and been able to roll the numbers off the tounge.

I watched the labour Party political broadcast earlier today and their ideas are something i would be happy with, but i want to know how they can bring good well paid industries back to places like the north east.Firstly he plans to make the minimum wage ten pounds an hour and make them full paid jobs with all the entitlements,secondly who is going to be willing to bring industries to britain when they can get the same job done for a fraction of the cost abroad.Is he going to make britain an insular self sufficient country (which i would not have a problem with)but if he doesnt how is he going to achieve these promises.We cannot force industries to come to britain they are going to need an incentive,taxing them to the hilt is surely not going to be the best way of doing this.It seems like a lot of promises that will probably not be fulfilled,i have had enough of polticians breaking promises i would rather they were honest,who am i kidding an honest politician:hihi:.Has i have said before theres no one to vote for.

People need to vote otherwise we could end up with a one party state who's will goes unchecked or unchallenged it's not healthy for a democratic society. The right need to behold accountable just has much has the left. By not voting means you are happy who ever runs the country in short playing into the hands of those who want to undermine democracy.

---------- Post added 30-05-2017 at 22:56 ----------

The Tories aren't really making any expensive pledges. Indeed it seems like quite a bit of what is in the manifesto was in the March budget.

I'm not so sure about that this general election come out of the blue even the manifesto seems to have been put together in a rush. I suspect May was planning this but said nothing until the last minute. What I find odd is she didn't need to have done this could have got on with Briexit then in 2020 could have shouted from the roof tops ( if all had gone well got trade deal ) any oppersition could have been dealt with using the Parliament Act of 1911 to push any sticky points though. I suspect opinion polls played a part in her thinking .

Edited by crookedspire

People need to vote otherwise we could end up with a one party state who's will goes unchecked or unchallenged it's not healthy for a democratic society. The right need to behold accountable just has much has the left. By not voting means you are happy who ever runs the country in short playing into the hands of those who want to undermine democracy.

Whats the point of voting anything other than labour in sheffield,they always win.My vote wont be changing the outcome in sheffield.It has taken me a long time to realise my life never gets any better or any worse whoever is in charge.I am not poor but i am not rich either.The worst time for me was under Blairs era but i didnt starve,i have to stop mentioning him,i need valium when i mention his name.

Edited by area 51

Whats the point of voting anything other than labour in sheffield,they always win.My vote wont be changing the outcome in sheffield.It has taken me a long time to realise my life never gets any better or any worse whoever is in charge.I am not poor but i am not rich either.

Never take anything for granted in politics the last few years have seen changes that previously would have dismissed has fantasy. Your vote could help decided that change also to remember some countries don't allow their people to vote.

How do you know. None of it is costed.

How do I know? I've read the manifesto. I've read their pledges.

There are hardly any pledges that would cost significantly more than the current plans as set out in the March budget. Even things like the extra money to the NHS was already planned for. Where plans have changed, such as minimising the negative effects of the 'fair funding formula' for schools, they have said where the money is coming from (replacing free lunch with free breakfast etc.)

How do I know? I've read the manifesto. I've read their pledges.

There are hardly any pledges that would cost significantly more than the current plans as set out in the March budget. Even things like the extra money to the NHS was already planned for. Where plans have changed, such as minimising the negative effects of the 'fair funding formula' for schools, they have said where the money is coming from (replacing free lunch with free breakfast etc.)

This is palpable nonsense. You have costed the manifesto where the Tories failed to do so.

Can you supply the costings please.