The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

These are the two main contenders in my constituency.They dont tell you much about themselves do they.One doesnt like people who voted leave or fox hunting and the other owns a local steel industry.Not a lot to go on.www.conservatives.com/OurTeam/Prospective_Parliamentary_Candidates/Wilson_Nicola .http://labourclp283.nationbuilder.com/

They can tell you as much as you want to find out.

With respect to Angela Smith for example as a sitting MP there will be publicly available records of her voting history and primary issues and expenses claimed which one can review and make an informed choice.

I will concede that with the new candidates of Nicola Wilson this is more tricky. However as a local company owner with an interest in the industry of Steel that will give an indication as to how she would like to think and where her focus as a business owner in the private sector will likely lie. If people were prepare to take the trouble they could even contact their prospective candidates and ask them questions directly.

I also note that you seemed to dismiss the other potential candidates on the basis of them simply not being the most popular. That is something that seemingly many others do and this is part of the problem. I repeat again that we should be focusing on choosing a candidate who represents what we want and who we think would do the best for are community and in Parliament. Perhaps if more people did that instead of simply falling for the popularity contest automatically, those minority candidates might actually get some proper votes.

I am not being difficult with you when I say this. however you have giving a perfect example of the point I'm trying to make. Politics should be an individual and informed vote on the individual candate we think best - not just following the herd which regrettably far too many people do.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Both (if the 'day to day spending is in deficit) impact on the country's debt levels, and the amounts of interest that we pay on that debt.

Any guess at what interest rate we are paying? I did some sums some time back and reckoned it to average 3.5%. I may be misremembering the figure, but it seemed to be more than it ought to be when the base rate is 0.5% or less.

They can tell you as much as you want to find out.

With respect to Angela Smith for example as a sitting MP there will be publicly available records of her voting history and primary issues and expenses claimed which one can review and make an informed choice.

I will concede that with the new candidates of Nicola Wilson this is more tricky. However as a local company owner with an interest in the industry of Steel that will give an indication as to how she would like to think and wear her focus as a business owner in the private sector will lie. If people were prepare to take the trouble they could contact their prospective candidates and ask them questions directly.

I also note that you seemed to dismiss the other potential candidates on the basis of them simply not being the most popular. Is something that seemingly many others do and this is part of the problem. I repeat again that we should be focusing on choosing a candidate who represents what we want and who we think would do the best for are community and in Parliament. Perhaps if more people did that instead of simply falling for the popularity contest automatically goes minority candidates might actually get some proper votes.

I am not being difficult with you when I say this however you have giving a perfect example of the point I'm trying to make politics should be an individual vote and informed vote not just following the herd.

Why vote for someone who cannot possibly win,i do not understand why people vote for parties who are likely to get less than a 1000 votes,it makes no sense.Has will ferrell said in Talledega nights,if your not first your last.I suffer from aspergers so maybe that clouds my judgement but i do not understand why you would compete if you cannot win.Ukip made some edgeway in the last election but i suspect it will be their worst showing ever.UKIP voters will now vote tory because labour will water brexit down to nothing.

Why vote for someone who cannot possibly win,i do not understand why people vote for parties who are likely to get less than a 1000 votes,it makes no sense.Has will ferrell said in Talledega nights,if your not first your last.I suffer from aspergers so maybe that clouds my judgement but i do not understand why you would compete if you cannot win.Ukip made some edgeway in the last election but i suspect it will be their worst showing ever.UKIP voters will now vote tory because labour will water brexit down to nothing.

How can you water nothing down to nothing?

I take it you voted leave so how can brexit be watered down?

It can if you make concessions with the eu and we find that we still have the eu dictating to us and we accept free movement.That is not what i voted leave for.No concessions.We can have a hard or soft brexit,i suspect we would get a soft with labour and we would be out of the EU in name only.I do not want to get into an argument over brexit again i have had enough of that,i am just giving my opinion on why a lot of people would rather trust the tories than labour to carry brexit through.As my constituency had a leave majority it may affect which way they vote in the election.

It can if you make concessions with the eu and we find that we still have the eu dictating to us and we accept free movement.That is not what i voted leave for.No concessions.We can have a hard or soft brexit,i suspect we would get a soft with labour and we would be out of the EU in name only.I do not want to get into an argument over brexit again i have had enough of that,i am just giving my opinion on why a lot of people would rather trust the tories than labour to carry brexit through.As my constituency had a leave majority it may affect which way they vote in the election.

I'll quote that for posterity.

My brother was recently pulled up in the street by a supporter for the Tories. He mentioned his concerns of a hard Brexit and May's no deal mantra the guy told him despite the battle drum of hard Brexit May would in reality go for a soft Brexit to ensure a trade deal was done . The guy my brother was talking too was the main man for the area.