The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

which argument did i fail to counter? ask again without pages of drivel

Too many uncomfortable truths?

---------- Post added 01-09-2016 at 17:23 ----------

With all this Corbyn talk I'm surprised we haven't been inundated with dancing bananas yet. Makes a nice change.

Don't it just...

Edited by Santo

Too many uncomfortable truths?

Ok..how about this.

What's with you sending Jim Fitzpatrick MP a message telling him to stop being a back-stabber? Did Momentum ask you to?

---------- Post added 01-09-2016 at 17:23 ----------

Don't it just...

Too many uncomfortable truths? what would they be?

i dont recall sending that bloke a message calling him a backstabber, but i have told many MP's what i think of their actions against Corbyn, and a backstabber and a traitor are just a few, and i stand by those words...that is exactly what they are...the actions they have taken is deplorable

I see you didnt reply when i asked what arguments i had failed to counter...

Ahhhh, deleting your posts, be a man and leave them there, dont go running scared my friend

Too many uncomfortable truths? what would they be?

i dont recall sending that bloke a message calling him a backstabber, but i have told many MP's what i think of their actions against Corbyn, and a backstabber and a traitor are just a few, and i stand by those words...that is exactly what they are...the actions they have taken is deplorable

I see you didnt reply when i asked what arguments i had failed to counter...

Ahhhh, deleting your posts, be a man and leave them there, dont go running scared my friend

I deleted it because the thread is not about you and your Momentum activities. It is about the Labour Party.

You failed to counter the whole post. You cherry picked a small part of it but provided no proof for the claim you made in response. I was asking why rabble-rousers haven't been sent to all his public meetings. You claim they have. Proof?

You ignored the whole point about the scrutiny placed on Miliband and as someone else has pointed out, the stick Farage gets. No-one shouts conspiracy when it's those politicians. Only Corbyn.

I asked you if you think the Establishment wants to ruin Corbyn do you think what you are claiming they are doing is their best effort? As conspiracy theories go, it's lame as duck.

Edited by Santo

Is it just me or is the conspiracy theory talk we hear all the time these days a uniquley Corbyn supporter phenomena? And the claims of media bias against him?

The Mail ran a story about Miliband's dad, The Man Who Hated Britain or something. The Sun ran a headline about Miliband saying, 'Miliband Fails to Eat Bacon Sandwich Normally.' No-one cried foul. No-one cried conspiracy. No-one questioned if he was under unfair scrutiny. No-one claimed bad press was because The Powers that Be feared him and wanted to eliminate the threat.

Along comes Corbyn and anything negative in the press or on the Beeb is called a media conspiracy. We are told by his supporters that 'The Establishment' are scared to death of him. Are they? Why?

If 'The Establishment' was that afraid of Corbyn they could ruin him. Easily. I'm talking Canuck letter, Zinoviev letter dirty tricks. Sending rabble-rousers to his hustings and other public meetings, honey-trapping him, forging documents, faking campaign propaganda. 'They' could absolutely wipe him out in a heartbeat if they hold so much power.

We are told by Banjodeano that the party is purging it's members like something in North Korea (his words, not mine!). Why bother; the all powerful Establishment could just rig the vote. Why go to all that trouble?

We were told the brick thrown threw Angela Eagle's window wasn't thrown threw her window at all. So it was probably random vandalism. But what a great idea, why don't the all powerful Establishment have her office torched and line up a Momentum patsy? That would get groovy press!

Except....Corbyn misleads about how busy a train is, get's called on it and that is labelled a conspiracy by his supporters. It's media bias etc etc. Really? That's the best that THEY (The Establishment, the media, the Tories, the Corporations, Big Business, the Arms Industry, Mossad ad nauseum) can do is it?

Doesn't stack up. So it must be concluded.....no conspiracy.

I thought Ed Miliband was treated appallingly by the press. 'Stabbed his own brother in the back'. His dead dad being hammered for being a leftie academic who 'hated Britain'. Yes lots of people cried foul when the Mail and others treated him like dirt.

Blair's 'genius' before 1997 was to take Labour out of Labour, to make it so completely anodyne and bland that the right wing press couldn't smear them.

Corbyn has faced similar character assassinations because unlike Tony Blair and New Labour; but like 'Red Ed' Miliband, he is a left winger. To the right wing press, that's a sin which ranks just above a paedophile, but below an immigrant.

Couldn't be bothered trawling through all the posts but Corbyn was fairly elected last year, seems ridiculous that the Party can't accept that. He's apparently on course to win again and yet AGAIN the careerists will be unable to accept it. If Corbyn is forced out by whatever means, unless it's done fairly or he voluntarily steps down without coercion, this is one lifetime Labour voter and member who will never vote Labour again.

I thought Ed Miliband was treated appallingly by the press. 'Stabbed his own brother in the back'. His dead dad being hammered for being a leftie academic who 'hated Britain'. Yes lots of people cried foul when the Mail and others treated him like dirt.

Blair's 'genius' before 1997 was to take Labour out of Labour, to make it so completely anodyne and bland that the right wing press couldn't smear them.

Corbyn has faced similar character assassinations because unlike Tony Blair and New Labour; but like 'Red Ed' Miliband, he is a left winger. To the right wing press, that's a sin which ranks just above a paedophile, but below an immigrant.

I thought he was treated appallingly too at times. But I didn't label it a conspiracy.

Edited by Santo

David Milliband was such a good constituency MP and "cared" so much about his constituents that as soon he wasn't voted to the top slot he legged it to New York. Wrong 'un

Couldn't be bothered trawling through all the posts but Corbyn was fairly elected last year, seems ridiculous that the Party can't accept that. He's apparently on course to win again and yet AGAIN the careerists will be unable to accept it. If Corbyn is forced out by whatever means, unless it's done fairly or he voluntarily steps down without coercion, this is one lifetime Labour voter and member who will never vote Labour again.

They accept he was elected leader. They feel his leadership is poor and voted overwhelmingly against him in the confidence vote. But he won't resign. That's the point.

---------- Post added 01-09-2016 at 18:25 ----------

David Milliband was such a good constituency MP and "cared" so much about his constituents that as soon he wasn't voted to the top slot he legged it to New York. Wrong 'un

Who mentioned David? This is about Ed.

Labour chose the wrong Miliband and the rest is history.

The 'wrong' Miliband was a warmongering Blairite who would have embroiled the UK in foreign wars, under the guise of 'liberal interventionism'.

His judgements on foreign affairs were just as cockeyed and as lethally wrong as those of his mentor

Edited by NigelFargate