The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

Guest sibon
No need to get personal

That's what he does. He's not got a lot else to offer.

I don't often quote Margaret Thatcher, but she was quite right when she said "if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.".

The Tories ran out of political arguments yesterday.

That's what he does. He's not got a lot else to offer.

I don't often quote Margaret Thatcher, but she was quite right when she said "if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.".

The Tories ran out of political arguments yesterday.

Yet they still managed to get the most votes and seats.

There is still a large number of elderly voters who will not follow the campaign just see the media controlled photo's without checking the story then vote tory even if it meant their own death.

That photo of Miliband and the sandwich last time cost him many votes even though that sarnie had nothing to do with politics.

Wasn't the plan though was it, it was to increase her majority to give her a strong hand over Brexit, lost her majority :hihi:

Now dependent on bowler hats and religious bigots in order to form a govt.

Daily Mail forecast 98 seat majority :hihi:

There is still a large number of elderly voters who will not follow the campaign just see the media controlled photo's without checking the story then vote tory even if it meant their own death.

That photo of Miliband and the sandwich last time cost him many votes even though that sarnie had nothing to do with politics.

Since we're talking about the print media, apparently John Prescott has tweeted that:

Heard from very good source who was there that Rupert Murdoch stormed out of The Times Election Party after seeing the Exit Poll :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnprescott/status/872957575788101632

I've not visited either The Sun or Daily Mail website since the results....Any contrition on their part, or sense of panic that their hate campaign against Labour failed?

It's a cracking idea but it won't happen due to political dogma on both sides...

Now would seem the perfect time to introduce proportional representation. Do away with marginal seats with disproportionate influence, put brakes on single party power.

but their majority crumbled

Quite right. Corbyn had a very good campaign the Conservatives was poor to put it mildly. What I was getting at was even after a poor campaign they can still win. I'm glad to see the younger voters getting to the polls for a change.

Quite right. Corbyn had a very good campaign the Conservatives was poor to put it mildly. What I was getting at was even after a poor campaign they can still win. I'm glad to see the younger voters getting to the polls for a change.

tbf they were always going to "win" after the decimation at the last election it was pie in the sky for us to dream of a win, BUT, we got it down to a barely win which is astonishing.

Even the tories thought it was going to be a whitewash thats why they called it early, MASSIVE mistake.

Now the games changed

How well would Labour have done if the Chukka Umuna's, Hilary Benn's, Michael Dugher's, Angela Eagle's had gotten behind Corbyn from the start. I can barely write those names without feeling queasy.

/QUOTE]Much as I admire how Jeremy Corbyn has fought the election, I certainly wouldn't dismiss Chukka Umuna or Hilary Benn, they are good politicians.