The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

Quite right. Corbyn had a very good campaign the Conservatives was poor to put it mildly. What I was getting at was even after a poor campaign they can still win. I'm glad to see the younger voters getting to the polls for a change.

The high turn out of young voters was good and needed it shows they are interested in politics has much has the older end are. Corbyn did well in fairness better than I expected .

How well would Labour have done if the Chukka Umuna's, Hilary Benn's, Michael Dugher's, Angela Eagle's had gotten behind Corbyn from the start. I can barely write those names without feeling queasy.

/QUOTE]Much as I admire how Jeremy Corbyn has fought the election, I certainly wouldn't dismiss Chukka Umuna or Hilary Benn, they are good politicians.

So good that they did nothing to help Labour. I see Hilary Benn is creeping round for a job now though, making conciliatory noises.

Much as I admire how Jeremy Corbyn has fought the election, I certainly wouldn't dismiss Chukka Umuna or Hilary Benn, they are good politicians.

Benn has an awful lot of work to do to make good on his previous conduct: he all but destroyed the party, and he did it through pure unadulterated incompetence.

So good that they did nothing to help Labour. I see Hilary Benn is creeping round for a job now though, making conciliatory noises.

Benn has an awful lot of work to do to make good on his previous conduct: he all but destroyed the party, and he did it through pure unadulterated incompetence.
Disunity and disagreement within the Labour party isn't anything new, it's always been present.

I honestly think that labour would have won with anyone leading but corbyn.It says something about the tories for corbyn to have done so well.

seriously? they could have just been like Blair and won i suppose, in fact they could have just been like the Tories and won.....but its not just about winning, its about having policies that help people, and copying tories policy will only help the rich few. not the majority..

having said all that, the media has a big big say in who gets elected

Guest sibon
it's not new within the conservative party either, as the next few weeks will no doubt show.

You spelled "minutes" wrong there.

I honestly think that labour would have won with anyone leading but corbyn.It says something about the tories for corbyn to have done so well.

Really, but what's the point if it's stilll going to be the same old same old?

That's Blairite Labour for you. Labour Lite, Labour in the pockets of the Conservatives, in fact not Labour at all. So like the Tories you couldn't get a credit card between them. Such a turn off that people stopped voting altogether.

---------- Post added 10-06-2017 at 18:44 ----------

seriously? they could have just been like Blair and won i suppose, in fact they could have just been like the Tories and won.....but its not just about winning, its about having policies that help people, and copying tories policy will only help the rich few. not the majority..

having said all that, the media has a big big say in who gets elected

I agree.

Corbyn offered something different. Something that was for the people, notjust to make the rich richer.