The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

When is the vote? I hope you get your ballot paper in time.

But, he's going to win anyway, it's clear.

And I hope the infighting stops and they get on with being in opposition. We need a good one during Brexit!

voting has already begun, not sure when the voting closes, i am guessing quite a few days left, i dont think the infighting will stop, some on the right have already declared that a coup will follow this coup...in my opinion, they need to be deselected, they will not work under Corbyn

voting has already begun, not sure when the voting closes, i am guessing quite a few days left, i dont think the infighting will stop, some on the right have already declared that a coup will follow this coup...in my opinion, they need to be deselected, they will not work under Corbyn

Deselection doesn't do anything until 2020.

Do you know the procedure under Labour rules for the whip to be withdrawn from a Labour MP? Do you have to show cause, and who has the necessary authority?

Withdrawing the whip from every MP who voted against Corbyn in the confidence motion would be suicide, so one would have to be a bit more selective.

Deselection doesn't do anything until 2020.

Do you know the procedure under Labour rules for the whip to be withdrawn from a Labour MP? Do you have to show cause, and who has the necessary authority?

i am led believe, party members can get their local MP deselected, i did post the process details on my local MP's facebook page :hihi: but i cant for the life of remember much about it....sooner they get deselected the better, if not then some will get deselected upon the boundary changes

i am led believe, party members can get their local MP deselected, i did post the process details on my local MP's facebook page :hihi: but i cant for the life of remember much about it....sooner they get deselected the better, if not then some will get deselected upon the boundary changes

Deselection doesn't do anything until 2020. Unless deselection mid-term automatically leads to the withdrawal of the whip. Does it.

no idea :huh:

Well as a party member supporting a leader rejected by the bulk of the party's MPs and the general election 3 and a half years away, you might like to check up on that. Only withdrawing of the whip can purge the party of those MPs disloyal to Mr Corbyn.

Arthur Scargill? Yes, I've read the book by Seumas Milne. Robert Maxwell smeared him I would heartily agree, as did the Cook Report. Maxwell owned the Mirror which printed the smear story and was the paper most read by miners. He also had a stake in the company that broadcast/made (can't remember which) the Cook Report. Maxwell was also a Labour MP in his time. So hardly a right wing plot. The stuff about Stella Rimmington being involved was tenuous at best. I have to say it's one of the most boring and repetitive books I've ever read. The Maxwell smears were debunked quite quickly. Channel 4 did a Roger Cook to Roger Cook himself asking why he had broadcast such obvious falsehoods (he stole Union money to pay his own morgage was the more serious claim, even though he didn't have a morgage)

Can you provide a link to the blacklist construction story? I can't say I'm familiar with this McCarthyism. Sounds interesting.

What we see with Corbyn is anything negative is labelled a smear campaign/conspiracy. Sol was guilty of that when he started a thread about Traingate. Corbynistas have redefined the word smear to anything unhelpful to the cause. Someone posted an article about this trend either earlier in this thread or in Sol's.

My pleasure:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36242312

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d738779c-15ca-11e6-9d98-00386a18e39d.html#axzz4J2WbVwkE