The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

A split party is looking ever more unavoidable after the first Ipsos Mori public poll results, showing Corbyn ahead by 20 points.

Had to LOL at the earlier MPs' poll results, though:

Classic! :hihi:

Haha yes. David Cameron came first with 26% of the vote, with Theresa May second (with 25%).

Out of Labour MPs who voted, Theresa May came top, with 35% voting for her.

Hillary Benn was the highest ranking Labour MP with 6%.

Jeremy Corbyn got 1%.

OK I've amended the wording of the relevant post in the light of these comments.

---------- Post added 02-09-2016 at 16:45 ----------

Yes, I expect you are.

Folk move on. The idea of regularly updating electoral rolls is so folk like Sheffield's 70,000 students who are no longer living in student flats a decade later don't have their voting slips sent to their old addresses where the occupants could use them to vote twice.

The good news for labour is that the polls show so few folk intending to vote labour that most of those who fail to register to vote would be voting for some else anyhow.

Edited by pacifica

OK I've amended the wording of the relevant post in the light of these comments.

---------- Post added 02-09-2016 at 16:45 ----------

Yes, I expect you are.

Sorry Cap'n... still doesn't explain why they aren't registered... Not to me anyway..

It's a bit difficult to understand why you keep ignoring the evidence from that group of MPs who voted for Corbyn in the leadership election and who Corbyn then appointed to the Shadow Cabinet, but resigned some 9 months later because they said he was [i paraphrase] incompetent, not up to the job, and surrounded himself with sectarian sycophants.

There's an example in Huffington Post this week from Kerry McCarthy at

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/kerry-mccarthy/defra-badger-cull-pmqs_b_11705704.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

This is crucial in my view.

Many senior Labour figures are guilty of not giving Corbyn a decent shot at the job when he started.

But those who did give him the shot. Those who showed support and backed him. Those people have been disappointed to the point of quitting.

This is crucial in my view.

Many senior Labour figures are guilty of not giving Corbyn a decent shot at the job when he started.

But those who did give him the shot. Those who showed support and backed him. Those people have been disappointed to the point of quitting.

I suppose the most frightening aspect of JCs tenure as labour leader is that he doesn't seem to see winning a general election as important. Such is the problem with having a leader who thinks politics is about protest, that come the disaster for labour that will occur at GE2020, he won't see it as cause to step down.

I suppose the most frightening aspect of JCs tenure as labour leader is that he doesn't seem to see winning a general election as important. Such is the problem with having a leader who thinks politics is about protest, that come the disaster for labour that will occur at GE2020, he won't see it as cause to step down.

There's also some kind of mass-delusion going on amongst his supporters that the party will actually do well at the GE. They really believe it.

There's also some kind of mass-delusion going on amongst his supporters that the party will actually do well at the GE. They really believe it.

I think that bubble will burst when trump - who has a far bigger base of popular opinion - will get absolutely taken to the cleaners in the US elections. If it's close or if, God forbid, he wins, corbyn supporters will become emboldened.

It's all Leicester City's fault. ;)

I think that bubble will burst when trump - who has a far bigger base of popular opinion - will get absolutely taken to the cleaners in the US elections. If it's close or if, God forbid, he wins, corbyn supporters will become emboldened.

It's all Leicester City's fault. ;)

I'm not sure the comparison is valid. Corbyn is a second rate politician and a third rate leader, but he's not a moron.