The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

not trying to be clever, but this shows how little you know about what is happening in the party

Your opinion holds no more water than anyone elses. I can see what is happening. You are wearing a blindfold.

---------- Post added 07-09-2016 at 20:56 ----------

Which of Corbyn's ideas are new?

Approaching elections with the intention of losing.

Deliberately attempting to destroy your own party.

Edited by pacifica

Your opinion holds no more water than anyone elses. I can see what is happening. You are wearing a blindfold.

so why were you asking then?

---------- Post added 07-09-2016 at 20:59 ----------

Deliberately attempting to destroy your own party.

not you as well

I must apologise. I've been considering my position and on reflection and in the spirit of the coup de guerre, Momentum's activities fall within the bounds of the rules of the political game. All's fair and all that.

So that being the case, it is quite legitimate for Momentum to destroy the Labour party from within and thereby consolidate the Tories hold on power.

Momentum's true masters, whoever they may be (I can prove nothing as the evidence is mysteriously missing), may be distasteful to some but I suppose in a free society such a scheme must technically be lawful.

I must apologise. I've been considering my position and on reflection and in the spirit of the coup de guerre, Momentum's activities fall within the bounds of the rules of the political game. All's fair and all that.

So that being the case, it is quite legitimate for Momentum to destroy the Labour party from within and thereby consolidate the Tories hold on power.

Momentum's true masters, whoever they may be (I can prove nothing as the evidence is mysteriously missing), may be distasteful to some but I suppose in a free society such a scheme must technically be lawful.

There was a time when it was considered the job of other parties to attack your parties policies, but labour attack their own. They are certainly doing a great job.

https://ukgeneralelection2020.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/general-election-prediction-from.html

A list of those predicted to be looking for a new line of work after 2020

Alyn and Deeside Clwyd CON gain from LAB : Mark Tami

Battersea and Vauxhall South London CON gain from LAB : Unknown (changed seat)

Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk Borders CON gain from NAT : Calum Kerr

Birmingham Erdington and Castle Bromwich Birmingham CON gain from LAB : Jack Dromey

Birmingham Harborne Birmingham CON gain from LAB : Gisela Stuart

Birmingham Northfield Birmingham CON gain from LAB : Richard Burden

Blackpool South Lancashire CON gain from LAB : Gordon Marsden

Bolton West Western Manchester CON gain from LAB : Unknown (changed seat)

Bradford East and Horsforth West Yorkshire CON gain from LAB : Imran Hussain

Bury North Western Manchester CON gain from LAB : Unknown (changed seat)

Cambridge Cambridgeshire LIB gain from LAB : Daniel Zeichner

Chester Cheshire CON gain from LAB : Chris Matheson

Chorley Lancashire CON gain from LAB : Lindsay Hoyle

Coventry South Coventry and Solihull CON gain from LAB : Jim Cunningham

Darlington Durham CON gain from LAB : Jenny Chapman

Derby East Derbyshire CON gain from LAB : Margaret Beckett

Derbyshire North East Derbyshire CON gain from LAB : Natascha Engel

Dewsbury West Yorkshire CON gain from LAB : Paula Sherriff

Ealing Central South London CON gain from LAB : Rupa Huq

Enfield North North London CON gain from LAB : Joan Ryan

Flint and Denbighshire North Clwyd CON gain from LAB : Unknown (changed seat)

Halifax West Yorkshire CON gain from LAB : Holly Lynch

Hampstead and Kilburn North London CON gain from LAB : Tulip Siddiq

Harwich and Clacton Essex CON gain from UKIP : Douglas Carswell

Hove East Sussex CON gain from LAB : Peter Kyle

Kingston upon Hull West and Haltemprice Humber area CON gain from LAB : Alan Johnson

Middlesbrough South and Cleveland East Teesside CON gain from LAB : Tom Blenkinsop

Newcastle-under-Lyme Staffordshire CON gain from LAB : Paul Farrelly

Nottingham North and Hucknall Nottinghamshire CON gain from LAB : Graham Allen

Nottingham South and West Bridgford Nottinghamshire CON gain from LAB : Lillian Greenwood

Plymouth Devonport Devon CON gain from LAB : Unknown (changed seat)

Scunthorpe Humber area CON gain from LAB : Nic Dakin

Southampton Test Hampshire CON gain from LAB : Alan Whitehead

Spen Valley West Yorkshire CON gain from LAB : Jo Cox

Stoke-on-Trent North Staffordshire CON gain from LAB : Ruth Smeeth

Wolverhampton West Black Country CON gain from LAB : Rob Marris

Wrexham Maelor Clwyd CON gain from LAB : Ian Lucas

Edited by pacifica

That will all depend on the reduction to 600 MPs.

But this thread relates to the possible fracturing- permanently?- of Labour as an integral Party.

The tories are aiding momentum in destroying labour. The boundary chages give the local parties the excuse to deselect and reselect candidates for the majority of seats in the country. They will probably do the same in the others anyhow. What it will do though is to focus the minds of sitting labour mps who oppose jezza. They will know that there is almost certainty that they will face reselection at some time before the next election. Interestingly the tories have waved a carrot to their own mps by offering them the seat of a retiring member should their own seat disappear. A shed load more look set to take seats from the labour party anyhow as the electorate give their verdict on corbin's disfunctional party.

Also of interest is the prediction that ukips only mp will also get the chop. So good news there too.

Edited by pacifica

The tories are aiding momentum in destroying labour. The boundary chages give the local parties the excuse to deselect and reselect candidates for the majority of seats in the country. They will probably do the same in the others anyhow. What it will do though is to focus the minds of sitting labour mps who oppose jezza. They will know that there is almost certainty that they will face reselection at some time before the next election. Interestingly the tories have waved a carrot to their own mps by offering them the seat of a retiring member should their own seat disappear. A shed load more look set to take seats from the labour party anyhow as the electorate give their verdict on corbin's disfunctional party.

Also of interest is the prediction that ukips only mp will also get the chop. So good news there too.

Yes. Odd that. It's almost as if Momentum and the Conservatives are somehow allied to each other, such as they might be (just for example) if there was somebody very influential behind the scenes directing both.