The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

you wouldn't want to admit that where I'm from, youd get lynched..

In Tinsley? Part of Sheffield South East. 17% of the vote last election. Behind Labour and UKIP....

---------- Post added 10-09-2016 at 16:34 ----------

Funny how you think any one who hates the Tories is a Labourite.

The Tory party are a pre victorian relic and the country's establishment is part and parcel of the same corrupt bunch. Time they were kicked to the kerb.

Losing Scotland, The North of Ireland etc etc and I mean the UK losing them not the Conservative &Unionist party- along with PR and with real oppositions will create the death knell for your Southern Tory party

btw I've never seen a tory canvassing in all my days living in the North.. wonder why

Just, you know, FYI; Labour doesn't contest seats in Northern Ireland (the country's name is not The North of Ireland). It hasn't for a very long time. If you think NI reuniting with Ireland as a single independant nation and Scotland gaining independence will destroy the Tories you might need to change your medication.

When do you fantasise that we will get PR btw?

Edited by Santo

In Tinsley? Part of Sheffield South East. 17% of the vote last election. Behind Labour and UKIP....

---------- Post added 10-09-2016 at 16:34 ----------

Just, you know, FYI; Labour doesn't contest seats in Northern Ireland (the country's name is not The North of Ireland). It hasn't for a very long time. If you think NI reuniting with Ireland as a single independant nation and Scotland gaining independence will destroy the Tories you might need to change your medication.

When do you fantasise that we will get PR btw?

wth are you talking about there??. did I say that north of Ireland And Scotland leaving the UK would destroy the Tories??

It will have a major affect on the political establishment in Westminster.

stop argueing and read the ragged trousered philanthropist

i am half way through that, i started it last august and never picked it back up, it goes on and on, wished i had got a condensed version....brilliant story tho, will have to pick it back up and finish it, more relevant today than when it was written 100ish years ago

the winter of discontent 1976 i was appalled with unions running the country so i voted for thatcher what a mistake that was tony blair came along and brought the labour party into the 20th century *won 3 elections what a feat *then of course he was led astray by bush and iraq but nevertheless he was a great leader *jc just like michael foot good men but im afraid not leaders

wth are you talking about there??. did I say that north of Ireland And Scotland leaving the UK would destroy the Tories??

It will have a major affect on the political establishment in Westminster.

Oh I'm terribly sorry old chap, it's just when you wrote:

Losing Scotland, The North of Ireland etc etc and I mean the UK losing them not the Conservative &Unionist party- along with PR and with real oppositions will create the death knell for your Southern Tory party

I assumed you were saying it would destroy the Tories. How silly of me.

Again, it's Northern Ireland, not the North of Ireland.

And when exactly do you think we are getting PR for the second time of asking?

Oh I'm terribly sorry old chap, it's just when you wrote:

I assumed you were saying it would destroy the Tories. How silly of me.

Again, it's Northern Ireland, not the North of Ireland.

And when exactly do you think we are getting PR for the second time of asking?

I'm not going to respond to your petty and stupid comments.

btw I've never seen a tory canvassing in all my days living in the North.. wonder why

Because you just exist in a small bubble? Come over to Warrington or West Kirby, where I've been part of the campaign teams.

The Tory party are a pre victorian relic

You are aware of the establishment date of the Labour party aren't you? They're also a "relic" of the Victorian era.

The Victorian era of British history was the period of Queen Victoria's reign from 20 June 1837 until her death, on 22 January 1901.

The Labour Party, Founded in 1900

---------- Post added 12-09-2016 at 10:28 ----------

One year into Jeremy Corbyn's leadership, Labour suffers worst opinion poll ratings the party has ever experienced in opposition

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/12/jeremy-corbyns-labour-suffers-worst-opinion-poll-ratings-the-par/

I love this bit:

If Jeremy is re-elected - and I don't count my chickens before they're hatched - if he is what we'll be saying to people is, 'Right, what do you think has hit those poll ratings?'

Corbyn has hit the poll ratings, do you not understand!

Not all Labour party supporters are party members. I'm a Tory voter but haven't renewed my party subs for years.

Edited by alchresearch

Because you just exist in a small bubble? Come over to Warrington or West Kirby, where I've been part of the campaign teams.

You are aware of the establishment date of the Labour party aren't you? They're also a "relic" of the Victorian era.

---------- Post added 12-09-2016 at 10:28 ----------

One year into Jeremy Corbyn's leadership, Labour suffers worst opinion poll ratings the party has ever experienced in opposition

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/12/jeremy-corbyns-labour-suffers-worst-opinion-poll-ratings-the-par/

I love this bit:

Corbyn has hit the poll ratings, do you not understand!

Not all Labour party supporters are party members. I'm a Tory voter but haven't renewed my party subs for years.

The whole corbin phenomenon is built on deception. The fools are taken in by the "mass rallies". They are a touring group who travel around with the travelling circus. The "thousands" who turned out to cheer and wave banners in Sheffield are 75% the same lot who turned out to cheer and wave banners in Manchester. The BNP used the same deception 20 years ago. In thatchers day they were known as flying pickets.

Edited by pacifica