The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

No.I mean it's not as if they drew up a hit list of people to go after....

Oh waitaminute.....

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/mar/23/labour-mps-hostile-corbyn-leaked-party-document

They did.

i saw the full list for mps including names. I'll try and dig it out. I found it amusing that the excuse for the disasterous mosborough election was the candidate wasn't corbin enough. are we supposed to assume that the labour voters therefore voted for gail smith because she was?

found it.

http://labourlist.org/2016/03/leaked-list-ranks-labour-mps-by-hostility-to-corbyn/

Even Jo Cox it seems.

Edited by pacifica

Well - this is one way of removing him I suppose....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37342828

of course corbin will be 71 in may 2020. After he loses the election will he really want to carry on holding back the party for a further 5 years?

---------- Post added 12-09-2016 at 17:03 ----------

My conspiracy theory meter (the Hodgkiss 2000, MSRP £149) just gurgled, withered and died!

If you are looking for a conspiracy try this one. In 2013 the libdems blocked the boundary changes. As no one had heard of corbin in 2013 he would probably have been retired as a trouble maker on a back benchers pension. but lived to fight another day and destroy the labour party. who says the lidbems didn't achieve anything in coalition?

Edited by pacifica

Because you just exist in a small bubble? Come over to Warrington or West Kirby, where I've been part of the campaign teams.

You are aware of the establishment date of the Labour party aren't you? They're also a "relic" of the Victorian era.

---------- Post added 12-09-2016 at 10:28 ----------

West Kirby is a rich place .built on the victorian and pre victorian excesses of the slave trade, so i guess youd be safe there..

this country or at least the North which barely votes tory apart from a few farmers,would be better off when weve got rid of the Tory establishment... and the Royals fwiw.

Scotland have woken up to the idea... the Tories and their lot dont run a third of the world anymore... time for a new era.. still time

West Kirby is a rich place .built on the victorian and pre victorian excesses of the slave trade, so i guess youd be safe there..

this country or at least the North which barely votes tory apart from a few farmers,would be better off when weve got rid of the Tory establishment... and the Royals fwiw.

Scotland have woken up to the idea... the Tories and their lot dont run a third of the world anymore... time for a new era.. still time

This is a random jumble of thoughts and ideas which doesn't seem to add up to much.

Who do you support? Which party.

What rubbish. Uniformed tosh of the highest order.

Where is The North? Can I assume you mean North of the Watford Gap?

Here is the 2015 GE result mapped out. Tory seats are blue, if you struggle.

http://i100.independent.co.uk/image/1798-ma4fy2.png

Here is the 1979 map.

http://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/attachments/1979-election-2-png.160801/

Note; quite a lot of blue IN THE NORTH!

(Oh, and West Kirby has a Labour MP)

---------- Post added 12-09-2016 at 19:19 ----------

This is a random jumble of thoughts and ideas which doesn't seem to add up to much.

Who do you support? Which party.

Not Labour, not Tory, not UKIP.

Doesn't strike me as a Lib Dem or Green voter; too much hate.

Monster Raving Loony?

Edited by Santo

I believe you, but if it is the case that you don't know anyone who voted labour but won't with corbin in charge then you really should try and increase your circle of friends. I know several and have one particular drinking buddy who has been pro labour all his life almost to the point of us exchanging blows. He is now very despondent. Not only won't he be voting labour but has writen them off as a bad joke. We now agree on that and the fact that there is no effective opposition. That is the biggest danger facing the country. The tories have no opposition holding them in check. Corbin has ceased to be a danger to the country as he and labour have become irrelevant.

---------- Post added 12-09-2016 at 16:19 ----------

It seems that corbin's supporters hate labour mps more than they hate the government.

My circle of friends is just right thank you very much Pacifica, but i think that if you nearly came to blows with a friend, then you really ought to reevaluate your circle of friends?