The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

There you go Obelix. The votes show a right wing bias.

Conservative and UKIP have more than everyone else added together.

That margin of error on that sample size is about 10% so you can swing it any way you like really.

The biggest point I'd take issue on that with is that you are assuming UKIP are right wing when that really isn't so - UKIP pull in voters from the left and the right and analysis of their policies such as they are have them as a more centrist party.

That margin of error on that sample size is about 10% so you can swing it any way you like really.

The biggest point I'd take issue on that with is that you are assuming UKIP are right wing when that really isn't so - UKIP pull in voters from the left and the right and analysis of their policies such as they are have them as a more centrist party.

Quite so. The left label them "right" because they're anti-immigration, but it's entirely possible to be anti-immigration and pro-nationalisation/statism as illustrated by the BNP and various anti-immigration parties on the continent.

You know it's curious that people like to talk about the Nasty Party but it's always the left coming up with "tory bully boys" "Tory Scum" "Toff Tories"....etc.

You dont see the right wing calling the left silly names. Odd that...

And we (the Tories) don't have a muscle group either:

Corbyn urged to disband Momentum after Labour MPs report bullying and abuse

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/dec/03/corbyn-urged-to-disband-momentum-after-labour-mps-report-bullying-and-abuse

An Undercover Reporter Infiltrated The Pro-Corbyn Momentum Group

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/jeremy-corbyn-momentum-infiltrated?utm_term=.id9kwx483#.fuyw8qv2G

It is? Who in particular because this forum like the city it is named after is still of a distinct left wing bent.

I think the Forum is neither left or right to be honest. There are some extremists on both sides, Penistone999 for the right-wingers and Solomon for the left (although he seems to have gone quiet lately). Most others are vaguely conherent, can admit mistakes and change views, some more than others. SF is just like the beeb, both sides claiming it's biased the other way, so perhaps that just means it's not.

I think the Forum is neither left or right to be honest. There are some extremists on both sides, Penistone999 for the right-wingers and Solomon for the left (although he seems to have gone quiet lately). Most others are vaguely conherent, can admit mistakes and change views, some more than others. SF is just like the beeb, both sides claiming it's biased the other way, so perhaps that just means it's not.

Yes. Which is why we keep coming back.

I think the moderates are a string majority here, but generally less vocal.

Interesting, that puts Donald Trump as far left.

Left and right are misleading and tautological: we should aim to stop using them in politics.

Trump is left for American politics. Do not confused being an idiot, a bigot and a racist as right-wing policies. Trump is more left wing than Hilary was and only fractional to the right of Obama who was the most left-wing president in modern US history.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2016

https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2008

I don't agree with not using left and right to describe politics, they are exactly correct, it's people's lack of understanding of what they mean that's the problem.

The founding members of UKIP left the Conservative Party because it was too moderate and their current leader is well keen to close down the NHS. It is only the blinkered anti-immigrant voter that sees them as anything other than more Thatcherite than Thatcher.

The founding members of UKIP left the Conservative Party because it was too moderate and their current leader is well keen to close down the NHS. It is only the blinkered anti-immigrant voter that sees them as anything other than more Thatcherite than Thatcher.

Don't mix up economic left/right with authoritariansm... the BNP and UKIP both have a fair few ideas that put them considerably further left than the conservatives, whilst still be a lot more authoritarian.