How to check if someone has a CRB

Hi does anyone know if you are able to check if someone has a CRB? I assume (though please correct me if I am wrong) that you would need to have a CRB check if running a kids club/youth club? Thanks

Asking, I would think!

If it's a youth club/kids club, just ask who's running it whether people are checked or not. That's not unreasonable and they probably get asked it a lot these days.

Ash ....... Don't you think I would have done that .... crikey! there is a reason why I have asked this question though I am not prepared to say. Soooooo back to my original thread ... does anyone have an answer. Thank you

---------- Post added 30-08-2016 at 20:53 ----------

Little tank are you sure about that? If so where have you seen them displayed?

Ash ....... Don't you think I would have done that .... crikey! there is a reason why I have asked this question though I am not prepared to say. Soooooo back to my original thread ... does anyone have an answer. Thank you

---------- Post added 30-08-2016 at 20:53 ----------

Little tank are you sure about that? If so where have you seen them displayed?

Unless youre a prospective employer, then you cant. The data protection act wont allow it. If you want to know, the only way youll find out is to ask them personally.

My mum helps at a local church and they were told they had to be displayed or available on request without question so they just put them on display .

As for a legal requirement im not sure.

It's now known as a DBS not a CRB, and yes if you work with children and vulnerable adults it' a legal requirement to have one.

How do I know what you have done, thought or think? As you say in this post, it's a bit sketchy so I was posting what I would do.