How to check if someone has a CRB

Sorry should have stated that its a DBS they have not CRB Just had a quick look on the DBS site which has no mention of displaying the certificates.

All the organisations which I've worked for do keep CRBs / DBS forms, but in the employees personal folders, rather than having them on display....

I'd ask them to show you. If they refuse, then go elsewhere. Or, if you suspect that something is amiss, contact the police.

---------- Post added 30-08-2016 at 21:39 ----------

All the organisations which I've worked for do keep CRBs / DBS forms, but in the employees personal folders, rather than having them on display....

I have my own. The two places that I work have a copy.

I'd be happy to show anyone who needed the reassurance that I'd been checked.

If it was a requirement to have these on display, it would highlight the nonsense that the [western] world is today.

Saying that, there is probably some **** on facebook campaigning for it.

Ash ....... Don't you think I would have done that .... crikey! there is a reason why I have asked this question though I am not prepared to say. Soooooo back to my original thread ... does anyone have an answer. Thank you

---------- Post added 30-08-2016 at 20:53 ----------

Little tank are you sure about that? If so where have you seen them displayed?

Maybe when you ask them you could do it in a more polite way than you dealt with ash.

its fairly difficult to display mine...

like many others i subscribe to the automatic DBS update service. i pay £13 per yr and its all sorted for me.

i no longer have a certificate. i have a reference number. and an employer can use this number to access the govt dbs website to see my DBS check

Mine is the same.

• 1 month later...
Sorry should have stated that its a DBS they have not CRB Just had a quick look on the DBS site which has no mention of displaying the certificates.

There are strict guidelines regarding who has access to the certificates as it is covered under data protection so having it on display is not an option.

I work very closely with such issues and to display an employees certificate would land us in a lot of trouble.

If a CRB/DBS 'check' is deemed necessary by an organisation for a particular role before they will accept that person for said role then they'll get one.

Do you trust the organisation?

Of course the other option is the individual has obtained a 'check' for themselves, in which case ask them if they'd mind showing it.

Either way, we need to get away from what seems to be a common perception that a 'check' will result in someone suddenly being pulled up should it magically reveal something. It won't.

A check gives list of 'things' involving that person, it's up to an organisation if that should preclude an individual from a given role.

Personally I'd be more than a little angry if one of organisations that as access to my DBS record were to share it.