Mrs May, Hero of the Brexiters.

I hear Mrs May on the radio to-day re-stating that Brexit will be Brexit, nothing more nothing less. I think she was firing a shot across the bows of the moaning half wits who want another vote on the in/out referendum.
Since a new vote was never on the cards before or after the referendum (with the exception perhaps of Farage's petition for another vote in case the outcome was Remain :twisted::hihi:) [because technically, there's no need of one: the referendum is not legally binding], I think she was firing a shot across the bows of the half wits who brought the Brexit outcome about, namely that this particular buck is stopped firmly with them and not her, and that they should be getting their proverbial skates on :D

I see that the UK is still a very long way away from recruiting the 1,000-odd skilled negotiators which it needs to do the deed. The Kiwis who worked on the Trans-Pacific Partnership are arguably very good, but they're still waiting for the call from David Davis ;)

Thankfully she is standing by her guns, but I wish she would invoke article 50 and set in stone our decision to leave the corrupt and failed institution that is/was the EU.
Indeed.

Wouldn't want the Bojos, Eurosceptic Tories and other political opportunists of this world to be allowed to weasel out of their shared liability on the quiet over time. "Put up or shut up", "s**t or get off the pot", and similar expressions to that effect ;)

Edited by L00b

I hear Mrs May on the radio to-day re-stating that Brexit will be Brexit, nothing more nothing less. I think she was firing a shot across the bows of the moaning half wits who want another vote on the in/out referendum. Thankfully she is standing by her guns, but I wish she would invoke article 50 and set in stone our decision to leave the corrupt and failed institution that is/was the EU.

Angel1.

I think calling people "half wits" who want a second vote when we actually know more about what the consequence are more likely to be on something so serious (and one way) as leaving the EU is bizarre. It`s also technically incorrect in that those who want to remain are, on average, more educated.

By the way, what would more (as in nothing more nothing less) than Brexit be ? It`s a meaningless statement.

And here we go again.

Where's the recession I ask? (not for the first time):

1) It's already here and we haven't noticed yet.

2) It will come after the article 50 activation.

3) It will come after Brexit completes

Who wants to go first. You're not allowed to pick more than one option.

Without a specific prediction, I assume that the plan is to wait for a downturn due to other effects and then blame it on Brexit.

For me Brexit means full separation. EEC membership is not Brexit. EFTA membership on the right terms might be.

And here we go again.

Without a specific prediction, I assume that the plan is to wait for a downturn due to other effects and then blame it on Brexit.

Can you call a recession yet? Isn't it two consecutive quarters of negative growth? The referendum was only in June. And the full effects aren't known yet because no negotiations have started and we are still in the EU.

So at this stage anyone who says there is or isn't a recession is talking bill hooks.

One might be able to say it looks like we are/are not heading for recession. That's all.

Edited by Santo

Can you call a recession yet? Isn't it two consecutive quarters of negative growth? The referendum was only in June.

Good question.

Depends which remainer you ask. Some point to indicators that the economy is not behaving well. Some say it's too early to say.

Some seem to manage both (or maybe that's just me conflating people).

---------- Post added 31-08-2016 at 15:42 ----------

Lol, getting your excuses in early I see.

So you're not willing to pick one of the 3 options then?

I hear Mrs May on the radio to-day re-stating that Brexit will be Brexit, nothing more nothing less. I think she was firing a shot across the bows of the moaning half wits who want another vote on the in/out referendum. Thankfully she is standing by her guns, but I wish she would invoke article 50 and set in stone our decision to leave the corrupt and failed institution that is/was the EU.

Angel1.

Except only the gullibles would fall for that line. As a phrase it means very little except we are leaving the EU.

It doesnt say anything about our relationship with the EU after including access to the single market and in particular what compromise the UK is prepared to do to keep access v the EU position that there will be no access without freedom of movement.

You would be an incredibly poor negotiator as you fail to comprehend just how complex the task of extricating the UK from the EU will be. It makes sense to have prepared properly and know what your straegy is before opening time limited negotiations. Only a foold would start the clock running with no preparation and no plan.

And here we go again.

For me Brexit means full separation. EEC membership is not Brexit. EFTA membership on the right terms might be.

We've only had one month of one quarter of data since the vote. But the Q3 growth forecast is 0, and Q4 is 0.1%. So actually we could be within rounding error of a recession by January.

And here we go again.

As noted before - recession is 6 months of contraction.

Have we been six months since the triggering of article 50 yet?

Of course not. So please stop wailing about "wheres the recession" it's demeaning to you and does nothing to further your argument.