Mrs May, Hero of the Brexiters.

For heaven's sake it's very early days yet. There's lots of discussion going on and it's going to take a while to sort anything out. Anyone who expects answers straight away is going to be disappointed.

Why would we want to stay shackled to a failing entity like the EU?

Ask Jeremy Corbyn!

How on earth did you bring yourself to vote against his wishes? Did you die a little inside as you placed your X in leave? Or do you think he was a secret Brexiter?

But he went on TV and told us all to vote Remain. So his principles are shot to **** huh?

For heaven's sake it's very early days yet. There's lots of discussion going on and it's going to take a while to sort anything out. Anyone who expects answers straight away is going to be disappointed.

I actually wrote down "wait and see" but the you beat me to it. The country can and will compete and the working classes will absolutely suffer for it. This country didn't get to the top of the food chain by paying and treating its workers fairly over the centuries. The EU has helped reign in any excesses. Adios to that lot.

Anna, with all due respect the pledges and promises made by the leave campaign were at best fantasy, at worst a cynical pack of lies, and you were sold a pup.

All I can see is an EU that will strengthen, not fail.

I actually wrote down "wait and see" but the you beat me to it. The country can and will compete and the working classes will absolutely suffer for it. This country didn't get to the top of the food chain by paying and treating its workers fairly over the centuries. The EU has helped reign in any excesses. Adios to that lot.

So why is unemployment sky high in Europe?

I've no clue. Clueless politicians? Because they aren't awesome like we are? They don't make or sell stuff the rest of the world wants is the easy answer I suppose and they haven't got the financial services sector to lean on like we do.

I know France is big on taxing rich people which hasn't worked out too well. And strikes, they do like their industrial action. The Greeks retire at, what 40 and don't pay any tax anyway. Erm, Italians can't get to work for all the migrants turning up? Years of bellosconi can't help either.

Seriously, I don't know. But going at loggerheads with the EU isn't going to help us.

Because the job market in many member states is severely distorted by overcomplicated, unwieldy and overprotective national employment legislation, and has been such for close to decades now.

Over time, the effect of that 'over'protection has made employers severely hiring-adverse, and turned them into serial apprentice/placement abusers, not to mention experts in eking productivity out of employees.

Just like pensions, successive governments (left or right) keep promising the moon on a stick and then tinkering around the edges to look busy about the problem, without doing any of what really needs to be done (which, like pensions and taxation, basically boils down to "scorch the earth and start afresh"). Because doing what really needs to be done would cost votes, a whole boat load or 10 of them.

I've lost track of how many different employment policies/initiatives the French government has tried in the past 20+ years, seriously it must be going into 40s or 50s by now, if not more, and all with the same net effect: a big fat zero.

Not much of the problem down to the EU/EU membership, if any. EU Worker's Rights are only playing catch-up and, at that, only to the extent that employment excesses (abusive contractual terms/working conditions) can distort intra-EU competition.

Edited by L00b

Exactly!

"This petition was rejected"

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/140046

Says it all about our current government really :mad:

Why was this petition rejected?

There’s already a petition about this issue. We cannot accept a new petition when we already have one about a very similar issue.

You are more likely to get action on this issue if you sign and share a single petition.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/119416

Now it says it all.