Ebay item withdrawn after I paid.

I recently won:hihi: an auction for a mobile phone on EBAY paying straight away through pay pal.

Soon after I received an email telling me that the seller had withdrawn item after auction finished and to ask him for a refund ,which I did .

Paypal showed that a refund was pending whatever that meant , then two days later the refund was shown as not now in force due to a dispute with the seller.

I emailed seller and he just replied to get in touch with Ebay .

This is like trying to thread fog , I put in a dispute they told me to wait six days , I phoned them and the person who answered was unhelpful saying they could not hear me etc..

Any thoughts, what happens now ,will the seller keep my money ,is it a common thing for sellers to withdraw after the item has sold maybe because they have not got as much as they thought for an item .

Is ebay worth the hassle.

I recently won:hihi: an auction for a mobile phone on EBAY paying straight away through pay pal.

Soon after I received an email telling me that the seller had withdrawn item after auction finished and to ask him for a refund ,which I did .

Paypal showed that a refund was pending whatever that meant , then two days later the refund was shown as not now in force due to a dispute with the seller.

I emailed seller and he just replied to get in touch with Ebay .

This is like trying to thread fog , I put in a dispute they told me to wait six days , I phoned them and the person who answered was unhelpful saying they could not hear me etc..

Any thoughts, what happens now ,will the seller keep my money ,is it a common thing for sellers to withdraw after the item has sold maybe because they have not got as much as they thought for an item .

Is ebay worth the hassle.

PayPal are good at refunds in my experience. You will get your money back eventually :)

(I didn't know you could withdraw after the auction ends though. That sounds odd to me.)

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a scam; it's been a few years since I sold mobiles on eBay, but the amount of people trying to rip you off is amazing.

I've had people win by auctions then had very very good fake eBay emails and Paypal emails follow saying they had paid and I needed to send it immediately else my account would be suspended.

It's obviously different as you are the buyer, but this has a scam attempt all over it so be very careful.

PayPal are good at refunds in my experience. You will get your money back eventually :)

(I didn't know you could withdraw after the auction ends though. That sounds odd to me.)

Yes there was two of us bidding up to the last minute I won then within the day I got a message saying the item had been withdrawn and payment refunded ,paypal then told me that the payment was pending then they withdrew it.

The sellers say that they no longer are dealing on Ebay .

---------- Post added 01-09-2016 at 15:39 ----------

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a scam; it's been a few years since I sold mobiles on eBay, but the amount of people trying to rip you off is amazing.

I've had people win by auctions then had very very good fake eBay emails and Paypal emails follow saying they had paid and I needed to send it immediately else my account would be suspended.

It's obviously different as you are the buyer, but this has a scam attempt all over it so be very careful.

That is my feeling now.

Yes there was two of us bidding up to the last minute I won then within the day I got a message saying the item had been withdrawn and payment refunded ,paypal then told me that the payment was pending then they withdrew it.

The sellers say that they no longer are dealing on Ebay .

---------- Post added 01-09-2016 at 15:39 ----------

That is my feeling now.

Yup you have probably been scammed.

Report to PayPal including what the seller says about now not dealing on eBay and that you haven't received the phone. You should get a refund.

Is it a UK based seller?

Yup you have probably been scammed.

Report to PayPal including what the seller says about now not dealing on eBay and that you haven't received the phone. You should get a refund.

Is it a UK based seller?

Yes it is I will not even look at over seas stuff especially China.