Another Honorable Member In The News

The whole concept of "honorable" member stinks.

I'm not really interested about what Keith Vaz gets up to in private, but when it impacts in his day job, then that's a different matter.

But more importantly, when they are shown to not be honorable, as Keith Vaz has been in the past, then I find it incredible that they should then be "promoted" by their fellow MPs. They should be keeping their own house in order.

Keith Vaz should never have been chair of any committee in the first place, based on his earlier behaviour.

The whole concept of "honorable" member stinks.

I'm not really interested about what Keith Vaz gets up to in private, but when it impacts in his day job, then that's a different matter.

But more importantly, when they are shown to not be honorable, as Keith Vaz has been in the past, then I find it incredible that they should then be "promoted" by their fellow MPs. They should be keeping their own house in order.

Keith Vaz should never have been chair of any committee in the first place, based on his earlier behaviour.

I agree - Vaz does seem to have bad form. Some of his colleagues on the HA select committee say that he is a 'grandstander', he tries to grab the limelight for his own purposes.

Well he's now got the spotlight on himself & I suspect he doesn't like it.

yes Clive Betts helped to fast track the rent boys visa (wonder what the rush was ) ,he also helped him get security clearance so he could work in the house of commons

.. and still represents a large chunk of Sheffield in the House of Commons.

If people didn't keep blindly voting for the same political party constantly, then these dodgy characters wouldn't be so confident in skirting up against the edge of the law thinking they could get away with it for decades. It's hardly done Vaz or Betts much harm to their careers has it; Joe Public turns their nose up at the sleaze but votes them in anyway, because it's what their Grandad voted for.

If people didn't keep blindly voting for the same political party constantly, then these dodgy characters wouldn't be so confident in skirting up against the edge of the law thinking they could get away with it for decades. It's hardly done Vaz or Betts much harm to their careers has it; Joe Public turns their nose up at the sleaze but votes them in anyway, because it's what their Grandad voted for.

I couldn't agree more :thumbsup:

who do you think we should vote for . the bunch of bnp lite and rightwing ex tories aka ukip??

some of us are a bit more educated than that....

Could having a social conscience be the reason for consistency?