Parking which obstructs view of a junction

How about a note under the wiper

"You may not realise it, but by parking here it becomes dangerous for people to drive out from XXX road. Please reconsider where you park."

If nothing happens, then phone 101 and report it

Waste of time see my post 12

There used to be a public service type advert on TV, warning against parking close to a junction. It showed a woman trying to cross with a pram, if I remember correctly. Maybe they should restart it.

The police might take an interest if they keep getting the same complaint.

No point. I think they stopped doing those things, when they realised that it's only ever a few morons that abuse laws, and these people don't react to such films.

No point. I think they stopped doing those things, when they realised that it's only ever a few morons that abuse laws, and these people don't react to such films.

If people really want to park somewhere, they'll park there and that's that.

Perhaps the op could suggest an alternative parking space for mr van driver?

As I understand it, the parking within 10m of a junction is advice only. Parking closer is not, in itself, an offence. In terms of the law, you can be done for putting other drivers in danger by, for example, making it impossible to see clearly when exiting the junction. In terms of this thread, this would be the argument to put to the police, ie that it makes the junction unsafe for others.

---------- Post added 04-09-2016 at 21:24 ----------

I think I recall a thread in the past (but I can't find it now) about drivers being ticketed for parking on junctions close to Bramall Lame at match times. I'm not sure if these were on yellow lines (which would of course make sense), but I think maybe they weren't.