Parking which obstructs view of a junction

It's not lucrative for the Police to get involved, they would rather nick speeders after a good chase.

Angel1.

The police won't bother if it's too much paperwork/effort.

I recently gave them a clear lead on a stolen item which was being resold, and they refused to do anything about it.

---------- Post added 04-09-2016 at 23:24 ----------

If you can't see then could you use your horn to warn other road users of your presence? Some restrictions on time of use in built up areas though, I think.

It's a very quiet area. I could try beeping, maybe it might annoy them enough that they wonder why someone is beeping all the time :hihi:

---------- Post added 04-09-2016 at 23:28 ----------

If people really want to park somewhere, they'll park there and that's that.

Perhaps the op could suggest an alternative parking space for mr van driver?

I don't there are many alternatives, there may be gaps further down the road, past our junction.

My partner also has a very large van, but it is parked on the driveway. We wouldn't have chosen a house without safe parking for his work van and the car though.

If there isn't double yellow lines there I suppose he's free to park there, even though by the sounds of it its causing problems. This is the mentality of some people.

I think they could still get ticketed for obstruction though. I have seen people get ticketed for that without yellow lines.

The other day I was trying to pull out a drive when a driving instructor had parked a few steps near a junction and you could ride a bike between the car and the pavement. I opened the window and asked was he leVing it like that. He said yes lol. I asked if one of his students parked like that on a test would they pass? He mumbled. My fella jumped out the car to help us get a better view to pull out he took his phone out and was pretending to snap a pic. The instructor soon moved the car when he thought we were going to post on Facebook. We would not have just seeing his reaction.

Guy near me used to park 1 meter away from the giveaway junction on a corner with his LWB van, I noticed notes on his windscreen a few times but he still carried on doing it.

I think someone must have got ****** off as one day on the way to work I noticed all his tyres had been slashed.

There used to be a public service type advert on TV, warning against parking close to a junction. It showed a woman trying to cross with a pram, if I remember correctly. Maybe they should restart it.

The police might take an interest if they keep getting the same complaint.

Wasn't that back in the seventies when there were less vehicles on the road and more places to park?