Leather jacket / coat

bendix

If you go to King Street in the City and look at the old CO.OP shop which is on the top right hand corner you will find hundreds of winter coats for sale most of them are slightly worn but in first class condition .

Is that the Thrifty Shop which used to be the Co-Op department store? I like that place, could spend hours looking round it. They did have plenty of second hand leather jackets and interestingly many cowboy boots for sale.

Is that the Thrifty Shop which used to be the Co-Op department store? I like that place, could spend hours looking round it. They did have plenty of second hand leather jackets and interestingly many cowboy boots for sale.

I can spend hours in there, clothes from all corners of the World for a bargain price.

Most leather jackets I've had aren't suitable for winter - they very often don't offer much protection against the cold. I'd go to Go Outdoors and have a look at their selection - maybe a waterproof / fleece combination.

Then you haven't had the right kind of leather jackets :)

Sheepskin coats are great in winter, waterproof, breathable and very warm. But in fact too warm for Britain (in my opinion)

ah...i thought it would soak water up like a sponge...every day is a school day :)

I used to cycle 10 kilometres to work in one, in really bad rain it would not be watertight, but it certainly wouldn't soak the water up. It was usually the seems that started to let water through. It does make sense though, sheep don't become little balloons full of water in the rain, do they ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear. I love Sheffield but good clothes and Sheffield just don't go together, even the ones at John Lewis looked as shapeless as the rest, just a damn site more expensive. Unfortunately you have to go somewhere like Manchester to get decent clothes. In the past we have even had trips to New York to get good clothes at about half the price you get here, and you get a holiday there whilst you are shopping too. You could try the motorcycle outfitters at Matlock Bath. They are excellent quality and reasonably priced but probably at bit too flashy if you are aged much over about 40, so it does rule me out.