Virgin media issues

Buggz

anybody else seeing rubbish download speeds with virgin media

just switched over from there 70mb line to vivid 200mb self install package

with the super hub 3.0

ive used about 3 diffrent speed checkers at diffrent times of day on wifi and ethernet

peak time/early morning/late night/ ect ect..

never hit anything over 40mb in some cases my upload speed as gone higher than download speed lol

---------- Post added 11-09-2017 at 07:57 ----------

this is latest test

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6613902958

Be aware of a PHONE SCAM, friendly person rings up, saying they will upgrade your VM account, they ask for you to confirm details and password for DATA Protection, NOTE they already have your NAME, that your a VM user, this is a scam preying on older people, they then go on to say......discuss account needs, this seems so natural, I said you rang me you have my details, I said confirm how long have I been with VM, the person said since 2006 (a wrong answer), but I played along, now being suspicious, I said I did not wish to upgrade my account currently, politely thanking for CALL.

Next I contacted VM to find my account had NOT been prior accessed that day!!!!!!!...

PLEASE BE WARY .....everyone!

with the super hub 3.0

ive used about 3 diffrent speed checkers at diffrent times of day on wifi and ethernet

never hit anything over 40mb in some cases my upload speed as gone higher than download speed lol

this is latest test

I would only ever trust tests via Ethernet for a start (I know you said you do that any way) - but I mean don't even bother with wifi..

Secondly, your upload is about right for the 200mb package, so I could suggest firstly checking there's nothing downloading in the background, any windows updates, iplayer/netflix/all4 and similar apps, any gaming software such as steam etc, blah blah...)

If you have checked all that, and you're the only machine using the connection at the time, and you're still getting slow speeds, then your only option is to call virgin, and they'll sort it out... always been excellent on the rare occasion I have had an issue..

with the super hub 3.0

this is latest test

Still getting 110mb for a 100mb line. VM have been so nice, they upgraded my TiVo box to the new V6 for free last week :cool:

who you with

Virgin, speedtest.net works best for me, and seems to be the only site that actually shows the speed I should be getting.. (which I actually am, as I tested it with actual downloads, and converted the 28MB/s to the actual speed, and got 224mbps - which is pretty much perfect for the vivid200