Nuisance phone calls

It must be the season for scam artists. We are being inundated with calls from people with British names but foreign accents telling us that we have all sorts of problems with Internet, Sky etc. We are registered with TPS but it seems to make no difference.We are now letting all calls go to the answerphone and calling back any genuine calls.

It must be the season for scam artists. We are being inundated with calls from people with British names but foreign accents telling us that we have all sorts of problems with Internet, Sky etc. We are registered with TPS but it seems to make no difference.We are now letting all calls go to the answerphone and calling back any genuine calls.

It's the Indian callcenters. We haven't received calls for a while, I think after telling them to take a hike about ten times they actually remove your number as they realise they are wasting time ringing you.

I am ex directory, am sure this must help as I only get calls from time to time from Virgin wanting me to ahve a Virgin phone.

So are we, but once one of them successfully connects to your number (they use computers to dial random numbers, if they get an answer they record your number as being live) you are screwed basically.

Same here. I've had scammers claiming to be from Microsoft and BT recently.

The 'BT representative' messed up slightly when I asked where he was based, he replied Los Angeles.