Metropolitan Police authorise use of "Spit Hoods"

To be fair, if all that had happened is the offenders had spit hoods put on them and hogtied, there wouldn't be any need for an enquiry.

Dunno about that. I'm just pointing out why some people have lost respect for the police. There has to be some reason for people to lose respect.

Of course some didn't have any to start with. Inherited disrespect you could say. But why did their parents lose respect, or their parents before?

Edited by Santo

Dunno about that. I'm just pointing out why some people have lost respect for the police. There has to be some reason for people to lose respect.

Of course some didn't have any to start with. Inherited disrespect you could say. But why did their parents lose respect, or their parents before?

I fail to see how incidents that happened over 20 years ago and in some cases 40+ years ago has any bearing on the police you see in the streets trying to arrest a criminal. That kind of mentality is plain stupid.

I fail to see how incidents that happened over 20 years ago and in some cases 40+ years ago has any bearing on the police you see in the streets trying to arrest a criminal. That kind of mentality is plain stupid.

Hey, you said people had lost respect for the fuzz, not me. I offered some examples of why that might be, none of which was from 40 years ago I might add.

If you don't think people have lost respect for the police for those reasons fine. But you do think they have lost respect don't you? That's what you wrote. So why do you think they have?

---------- Post added 06-09-2016 at 15:37 ----------

Yes it is, and it has nothing to do with the met using spit hood either.

Orgreave won't get an inquiry, no-one cares, just let it lie.

Uh huh. Amber Rudd is due to make a decision this month as to whether there will be a new enquiry.

It doesn't have anything to do with spit hoods, quite right. But I think since you claim no-one cares it's worth pointing out you are quite wrong.

Edited by Santo

I thought the kids had gone back to school..... ;)