Imperial units are stupid

Are imperial units stupid?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Are imperial units stupid?

• Yes, let's be rid of them
    • Yes, but I like them anyway because I'm strange

The stone is one of the most pointless units of all... at least with ounces you can take a complete pound and keep halving it to get half pound, quarter, etc to a single ounce.

Halve a stone and you get to a prime number. Useless...

TBF metric is not that much better, I'd rather we went to SI and a number system based on 32 so you can keep halving things but thats wishful thinking :)

The stone is one of the most pointless units of all... at least with ounces you can take a complete pound and keep halving it to get half pound, quarter, etc to a single ounce.

TBF metric is not that much better, I'd rather we went to SI and a number system based on 32 so you can keep halving things but thats wishful thinking :)

Aren't you a scientist? Isn't is customary to use lengths of football pitches, size of a blue whale or a double decker bus, a pinhead and Olympic swimming pools for measurement? ;)

Yes, let's be rid of them

Yes, but I like them anyway because I'm strange

I have to say that`s a very tendentious question, are you trying to ensure you get the answer you want ?

I use both Imperial and Metric. As an example, if I need to measure a timber to cut it, if the required measurement is exactly 4ft I`d use imperial, if it`s exactly 121cm I`d use metric.

Yes, let's be rid of them

Yes, but I like them anyway because I'm strange

I have to say that`s a very tendentious question, are you trying to ensure you get the answer you want ?

I use both Imperial and Metric. As an example, if I need to measure a timber to cut it, if the required measurement is exactly 4ft I`d use imperial, if it`s exactly 121cm I`d use metric.

same here really metric is easier, but maybe my age i can judge a foot easier by eye than in the equivalent in metric

I'd prefer 16 to 32, but apart from that you've got my vote.

i get that from what you said, never heard of 16-32 ill look it up

I think you're conflating 2 things.

We're supporting both SI and a number system based on 16 or 32.

Current SI is essentially a subset of metric and everything is in multiples of 10.