Imperial units are stupid

Are imperial units stupid?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Are imperial units stupid?

• Yes, let's be rid of them
    • Yes, but I like them anyway because I'm strange

Hopefully when we finally leave the EU, then petrol stations will price by the gallon again and fruit and veg men can sell their potatoes by the pound.

We bought some new digital bathroom scales a few weeks, which only display in kilos and the wife is not happy.

Hopefully when we finally leave the EU, then petrol stations will price by the gallon again and fruit and veg men can sell their potatoes by the pound.

We bought some new digital bathroom scales a few weeks, which only display in kilos and the wife is not happy.

Please no. I want to change my vote. I'll live in a dysfunctional corporatist technocracy if I get to use proper metric units.

Whose woods these are I think I know.

His house is in the village though;

He will not see me stopping here

To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer

To stop without a farmhouse near

Between the woods and frozen lake

The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake

To ask if there is some mistake.

The only other sound’s the sweep

Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep.

This is an utterly beautiful poem. Now try it in metric.

Are iambic pentameters metric or imperial ?

So basically if you leave, travellers from the Continent need to turn their clocks back by an hour, and their calenders by 50 years when they arrive on your sceptered blob?

You afraid of some mental arithmetic or something?

(1 gal = 4.5 l)

£1.09/litre = £4.90/gallon

If decimals are too hard, time by 10 (add a zero/move the comma right by a unit) and divide by two (halve), close enough.

So basically if you leave, travellers from the Continent need to turn their clocks back by an hour, and their calenders by 50 years when they arrive on your sceptered blob?

All that time spent fighting off the Romans only to still be stuck with their ridiculous units over 2000 years later.

Shall we go back to the £sd currency system do you think?