Did anyone know Lillian Watkinson?

stephanie123

Hi Moira - well done with the 1939 Register. I had searched on the name Lilian Watkinson, born 1915 and nothing comes up - but it does if you search for the Fords as you found. The reason is that the search system (but not the record) has her year of birth as 1910; if you search on Lilian Watkinson born 1910 the record appears! :confused:

thank you, Brian was my dad :) and his date of brith is correct. does it say how long they lived at Ardmore st? houses on Ardmore street are not there anymore :( and is it possible to find out when Lillian moved in Shire green? I know Albert had siblings I think, does it list what his job is? and what Lillian was in shire green? I know Albert parents were George Medley think he was a solider, and his mother Bertha Henderson.

Lillian a mystery to me as I never knew of her, and my dad never spoke of his past, all I know was he got adopted, but dont know when he got adopted where or the name of foster family :( since my dad died 2002 I been determined to find what his past was like and to find someone alive on his side, as its always been a mystery :( so if anyone knew Lillian or Albert or my dad please respond or message me, would be nice to see a photo of Lillian or even childhood pics of my dad as I never seen any.

...I know Albert had siblings I think, does it list what his job is?...
I somehow couldn't find Albert in the 1911 census return (this would most likely have given the names of his parents and siblings) but the 1939 Register gives Albert's occupation as "builder's labourer". At that time he lived with his wife Maud at 5 Champion close, Shiregreen. Public records show that Albert Edward Hubbard Medley married Maud M. Crisp in July-Sept. 1931. They evidently had two children, Louis E. Medley born 1932 and Cyril Medley born 1938. Maud died in 1953.
...is it possible to find out when Lillian moved in Shire green?...
As Maud died in 1953 and Albert married your grandma in 1954, it seems likely that Lilian moved into 263 Sicey Avenue when she married Albert, or not long before.

I somehow couldn't find Albert in the 1911 census return (this would most likely have given the names of his parents and siblings) but the 1939 Register gives Albert's occupation as "builder's labourer". At that time he lived with his wife Maud at 5 Champion close, Shiregreen. Public records show that Albert Edward Hubbard Medley married Maud M. Crisp in July-Sept. 1931. They evidently had two children, Louis E. Medley born 1932 and Cyril Medley born 1938. Maud died in 1953.As Maud died in 1953 and Albert married your grandma in 1954, it seems likely that Lilian moved into 263 Sicey Avenue when she married Albert, or not long before.

192 has a Louis E Medley

at

Bedford

Bedfordshire

MK41

with wife Janet L

2002-03, 2014-16.

Edited by retep

Hi Stephanie,

St. Bartholomew Church, Marriage 21 November 1910.

George Medley, 19yrs, batch, Pot maker of 210 Langsett Road. Father - George Herbert

Medley, Picture frame maker.

Bertha Henderson, 20yrs, spin, of 210 Langsett Road. Father - Samuel Henderson,

Shear maker.

Witnesses: George H. Medley and Minnie Medley.

1939 Register - 210 Langsett Road, Sheffield.

George H. Medley, D.O.B. 20 Oct 1891, Steel bender and fixer, married.

Bertha Medley, D.O.B. 7 Feb 1891, Housewife, married.

Ivy Medley/Mather?, D.O.B. 17 Aug 1921, Pen canner, single.

Next record officially closed.

Bernard Medley, D.O.B. 24 Nov 1928, at school.

Medley/Henderson births from Free BMD

William in 1913, Albert in 1916, Harry in 1917, Reginald in 1919, Ivy in 1921,

Stanley in 1923, Beatrice in 1926 and Bernard in 1929.

1911 Census - 210 Langsett Road, Sheffield.

George Hubbard Medley, head, mar, 56yrs, Picture framer and maker, born Frieston,

Caythorpe, Lincs.

Eliza Medley, wife, 57yrs, born Wadsley, Sheffield.

Minnie Medley, daughter, 22yrs, Tailoress - maker, born Sheffield.

George Medley, son, 19yrs, Crucible pot maker at steel melting furnace, born Sheffield.

Bertha Medley, dau-in-law, 21yrs, born Sheffield.

Minnie Medley, grandchild, 3months, born Sheffield.

Sorry but I can't find anything else online about Lilian.

Kind regards,

Moira.

Thank you, I have messaged someone on facebook and apparently they are Louis is son, and his dad knew of my dad! I am so happy, apparently my grandmother and Albert had a daughter named Susan which I knew about from my brother Glenn, but I tried to add her on facebook but she never accepted :( looking at her pics she does look like my dad, so I am getting somewhere....mind you Louis is son lives in the states now tho, I amstill trying to find the foster family :(

---------- Post added 19-09-2016 at 14:58 ----------

Thank you, I have messaged someone on facebook and apparently they are Louis is son, and his dad knew of my dad! I am so happy, apparently my grandmother and Albert had a daughter named Susan which I knew about from my brother Glenn, but I tried to add her on facebook but she never accepted :( looking at her pics she does look like my dad, so I am getting somewhere....mind you Louis is son lives in the states now tho, I amstill trying to find the foster family, is it possible on the kellys directory to see where my dad lives in the 40's and 50's? his name was Brian Watkinson thanks.

• 1 month later...

does anyone have sheffield directories of 40's and 50's???? as I am trying to find where my dad was living at those times, as I knew he lived ardmore in 1939 and lillian lived in shire green in 1954 butdont know where my dad was in late 40's and 50's???? seems to be a blank, my dads name was Brian watkinson.