Bottle dig site

Hi there, Fancied doing a bit of botle digging.Used to go with dad as a kid, told wife about it now she really fancies having a go.Could anyone tell me please of any old nsites that they beleive stll exist in and around sheffield?.

theres one not far from you at kiveton park,go towards the saxon at the x roads head towards the old station as you go out of kiveton there is a layby on your left park in there cross over the road and walk down the grass slope its on your right ,you will see where people have been digging

good luck

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi ken, did you go bottle digging in the end. the one at kiverton the farmer comes with his sleaves rolled up :loopy:but i know another one at kiverton. the one at woodhouse if its the same from rebbeccaja thats ok (keep meening to go back there)after 25 years ago but also know of another in woodhouse which is on private land

do you dig/collect bottles youself or is it the history of woodhouse as ive known quite a lot of bottles tips over the years. as you know with quote 3 you never know who turns up.the private one i might seek permission one day and i keep meaning to go to the other one again. regarding your tip and my two it could turn out they might be 3 in the area of woodhouse

i dig for bottles and collect them,but im running out of room ha ha . am interested in woodhouse history too though.

my tip is brill because badgers and foxes live on it and practically do the digging for me !! had some perfect bottles from there. cant seem to find out why the tip is there though , know there was a brewery on vicar lane and wondered if it had something to do with that. theres loads and loads of sea shells there too ????? any ideas ?

ive had dozens of all different sized hendersons relish bottles too.

would love to dig the private one, get the owner asked , cant do any harm.... maybe i know them ???

• 1 year later...

Archived