BBC loses rights to Great British Bake Off

taxman

I wonder how confident Love Productions were that Mel and She would move with the show. I wonder if C4 bid £25m on the assumption Mel and Sue (and for that matter Paul and Mary) would move too.

If they don't care about maintaining the presenters ok. If they wanted to, well. There's a lesson there somewhere!

Jamie Oliver has apparently expressed an interest in judging the competition.

Sky plus it? Watch it on 4ondemand (or what ever its called) - no ad breaks there. Out of curiosity, how does an ad break ruin a baking competition - not having a pop, just trying to get my head round it.

It ruins it like any other programme you enjoy to watch - hour programme which is actually 40 mins with 20 mins of adverts.

I watched something once on 4OD and it got stuck at the last set of adverts (just kept repeating them) :rant::hihi: Never used that since!

Yep, still does it. If often fails on my Fire TV box or xbox360 watching F1 on catch up. Luckily it remembers the last point you were at.

It ruins it like any other programme you enjoy to watch - hour programme which is actually 40 mins with 20 mins of adverts.

Not only that, but a few minutes shaved off before and after the adverts with their "coming up after the break" and "before the break" recaps.

Mitchell and Webb covered it beautifully:

But I wonder if this is the BBC's fault for their desire to produce less content and save money and get new ideas by using third party companies? I was quite surprised to find its not a BBC programme.

Edited by alchresearch

But I wonder if this is the BBC's fault for their desire to produce less content and save money and get new ideas by using third party companies? I was quite surprised to find its not a BBC programme.

It's not the BBC's desire to produce less content. The government requires them to procure a minimum of 25%[1] of their TV programmes from independent producers.

[1] I think news is not included in this.

Well at least we got riddance of those two female twits, with their constant infants' school face contortions and unfunny sexual inuendos. I'd like to know just who it is in TV land who thinks these two are funny?

I think the attraction of the programme is watching these so-called home baking experts, who apparently got through auditions to get on the programme, make the stupidest mistakes that mere novices with an ounce of sense wouldn't make.

My sponge brick that I throw at the TV gets its only airing during that programme!

So it's as infuriating as it is entertaining. A sort of 'Britain's Got Talent' for baking, with the viewers all sitting there thinking "Well I wouldn't have made that mistake", or "I could do better than that idiot!".

Compulsive viewing for me and I hate baking.

Jamie Oliver won't get a look-in, he's not a renowned baker. He's just a messy foodie with some brilliant combinations and ideas.

Edited by Jeddo

Yep, still does it. If often fails on my Fire TV box or xbox360 watching F1 on catch up. Luckily it remembers the last point you were at.

Not only that, but a few minutes shaved off before and after the adverts with their "coming up after the break" and "before the break" recaps.

Mitchell and Webb covered it beautifully:

:hihi: I'd not seen that sketch. Brilliant.

I wonder how confident Love Productions were that Mel and She would move with the show. I wonder if C4 bid £25m on the assumption Mel and Sue (and for that matter Paul and Mary) would move too.

If they don't care about maintaining the presenters ok. If they wanted to, well. There's a lesson there somewhere!

Jamie Oliver has apparently expressed an interest in judging the competition.

hahhaha. That mockney hypocrite.

What a surprise. Obviously saw some ££££

Mr "fat and sugar should be banned" "government is not doing anything about obesity" "people should not be eating xxx".

Yeah nice one Jamie.

Spout off at anyone who dares to eat a cream cake and insult the childless PM for not being a "parent to the nation" but quite happily take your millions from your chain of crap nuked italian food outlets and flogging junk food for Sainsburys.

Now he wants his fat face to be the judge of a cake contest.

Hmmmm.